1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

U9

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by mis3, Oct 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mis3

mis3 Member

I am happy with the U1 as well.

In fact, because of the competentness of the U1, I was going to wait for the U9 as a 2nd box. This is why I started this thread 2 months ago. I waited 1.5 months and eventually went the other way.
    kingsizept likes this.
  2. midnight

midnight Active Member

Again , I'm curious now that you have an Android running 6 and you have the U1 on 5 what do you see that's better or necessary to have 6?:unsure:
  3. mis3

mis3 Member

Not at all. Based on how I use the Andriod boxes, no difference at all. I mentioned Andriod versions to respond to the following post.

4. beppy

beppy New Member

Question: With what products is Minix at CES2017? There is also this U9?
  5. born2lose

born2lose New Member

ok, estimated delivery date pushed back again - now shows end of february. this is getting silly, minix.
  6. mis3

mis3 Member

Where did you see this estimated delivery date?

I am happy that I did not wait and bought another brand in December.
  7. born2lose

born2lose New Member

on my local distributor's site in Germany - minix-shop.eu. i guess it's okay to post the website, since it has a banner on this forum.
  8. mis3

mis3 Member

I agree this is getting silly considering so many S912 boxes are available now.

Also, I am not sure if Amlogic will release any new SOC in 2017.
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  9. beppy

beppy New Member

Where I come from there is a saying: laughs best who laughs last, but here there is little to laughs.Ne worth it to wait? Will have to get out of a perfect box, without any flaw, it would be better for them!
  10. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

He who laughs last, laughs longest!

• said to emphasise that the person who has control of a situation in the end is most successful, even if other people had seemed to have an advantage
  11. beppy

beppy New Member

Yes, patience is the virtue of the strong men, Minix is putting us to really test !!Maybe I'll reward you with a good price of the box, it would be nice, we'll see.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    KellyND1 likes this.
  12. mis3

mis3 Member

Correction. I started this thread in October so I did wait for 2 months before gong another way. I bought a S905x box and I paid 1/3 the price of an U1. I have been using this new box for 2 weeks and so far so good.
  13. mis3

mis3 Member

Don't think so. The price will include all these months of development efforts.
  14. beppy

beppy New Member

Yes, what I said was a sarcastic thought !!
  15. Gh0st

Gh0st Australia's Finest Since 1981 Administrator

Pretty simple really, if you have a 4K TV then I would suggest waiting for this.
    I haven't delved too far into it but there may be some advancements for audiophiles as well.

If you do not have 4K and are not an audiophile then grab a U1.

If you just absolutely need to have the latest SOC because it's higher numbers so it must be better then go grab some cheap crap from someone else.

I choose to wait for a quality product and quality support. I only have 1080p so if it doesn't come out until November this year it won't bother me at all.

Thread closed until MINIX make an official release date.
    Villa, midnight and sangaz like this.
  16. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

My thoughts too! (y)
    midnight likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.