1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Ultra HD it's not working properly on neon minix x8hplus

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H Plus Custom ROMs, Kernels & Discussion' started by Brunoccosta, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Brunoccosta

Brunoccosta New Member

Hi friends, my name is Bruno and I have a neo x8 h plus and it work just fine in full HD mode but now I have a new TV ultra HD and wen I change to 4k2k 30hz the TV makes some interference some times on the sound and the image shake, on the first time I was thinking maybe could be the hdmi cable, I replaced for better one and it's better but still do the interferences sometimes and now I don't know what to do.
    Thanks in advance my friends
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
  2. Ravendark

Ravendark Member

Maybe some more details would be helpful, your TV brand and model probably...
  3. Brunoccosta

Brunoccosta New Member

Sorry my friend, the TV model is Kogan 55-agora-4k-smart-3d-led-tv-uhd-
    Thanks
  4. Ravendark

Ravendark Member

Do you have the latest firmware on both the X8 and your TV?
  5. Brunoccosta

Brunoccosta New Member

Yes , I did all updates
  6. Brunoccosta

Brunoccosta New Member

On the Image on the bottom we can see the interference and it make sound too like a bang

Attached Files:

7. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

have you tried another port on the TV ?
  8. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

to be honest we did not test on the brand you have. I don't think it is available on our side. we tested major brands such as Sony, Samsung, Sharp, LG only...
  9. Brunoccosta

Brunoccosta New Member

Only have one hdmi 4k port
  10. Brunoccosta

Brunoccosta New Member

This TV have LG panel
  11. sandog

sandog New Member

I am also having a issue when i changed my x8h plus to any of the 4k2k settings my tv will go blank or the screen will just keep rebooting i have a samsung 55 4k model number un55hu6500 i tryied the different hdmi ports on the tv also
    Brunoccosta likes this.
  12. red eye

red eye Member

I hope you use special 4k hdmi cable , i tryed the 4k to (friend of me have 4k tv), first i use normal hdmi cabel it not working
    You need hdmi cabel 2.0 ultra speed .
  13. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

You do not need a special 4k hdmi cable!
    http://www.cnet.com/uk/news/4k-hdmi-cables-are-nonsense/
  14. red eye

red eye Member

A normal hdmi cable dont work correctly take a look at this , you need certified high speed cable, or better 2.0 hdmi.villa in your link its written to that you need certified high speed hdmi cable, if you have not certified high speed hdmi cabel its not working , its written in your and in my link villa ,
    Not all hdmi cabel are certified high speed ,hdmi 1.4, 1.4a, 1.4b works with 4k if the cabel is certified high speed.
    The hdmi cabel how comes with the minix are there certified high speed ?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  15. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Look at the cable! What does it say? Mine say High Speed!

The point is that HDMI 1.4 and HDMI 2.0 is software/firmware related it has nothing to do with the cable!

I'm sure that there are different cable qualities out there, but there is no need to buy a cable that is very expensive just because it is marketed at the 4K user! ;)