1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Tutorial UNBRICK X7 - The X7 is never dead!

Discussion in 'NEO X7 Guides & FAQs' started by HardwareGuru, Aug 26, 2014.

1. anhvu

anhvu Member

I was try to short pin 7 and 8 while pressing reset and power button, X7 go to maskrom mode (show blue connection on RK Batch Tool) but after 5-6 seconds , it lost connect with the computer (using win 7), no connected devices while I'm still press and how power + reset button. What's the problem with it? I was try to "Restore" before it lost connect but can not success, it show "Download Boot Fail".
  2. leongsem

leongsem Member

it rescue my x7, don want to flash to kitkat anymore......
  3. radsag

radsag New Member

SUUUPER.... fixed it 3 times. But still didn't manage to come back to 4.2.2. ..but most important X7 not bricked :D
  4. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

Look under forum - general - guides... for going back to 4.2.2
  5. Josip

Josip New Member

Hi plp,

i also have Minix Neo7 "dead". I manage to get blue square following the tutorial at the beginning of the post, but after that what ever i do no success. The point i need to click "upgrade" or "restore" RKtool display red error about cannot boot load ... (something like that)

I have tried many different fw/rktool versions, change usb cables, even OS (win10 and win7), always get to the point with blue square, but after i try to restore/upgrade reflesh device red boot error pops up. :(

Does this mean minix is no more, ceased to be :) or anybody have any other idea what to try?

Thanx
    Josip
  6. HardwareGuru

try flashing the jellybean bootloader first.. then install the firmware you want.

Needed tools and how to are available here:
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/downgrade-4-4-2-kitkat-to-4-2-2-jellybean-rockchip-only.5218/

EDIT: wrong link included .. fixed
  7. Josip

Josip New Member

8. HardwareGuru

edited my previouse post.. please see proper link
  9. Josip

Josip New Member

:) I notice this morning you already gave that info few posts up. Obviously too tired last night to see it.
    Already in my bookmarks. Tx Guru
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  10. Josip

Josip New Member