1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Upgrade to a newer program, Lollipop or newer stabel firmware!

Discussion in 'Official Firmware Releases' started by Kryzzpe, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Kryzzpe

Kryzzpe New Member

Hello

I thought I would try updating my NEO X8-H SN: JX8PBOX1418121 with the latest LOLLIPOP 5.1.1
    I have now tried the USB Burning tool as well as with Burn Card Maker but nothing works ....

When I run with USB Burning tool, I get these errors in the Log file:

[2018-01-06 23:16:54 382] [HUB1-2] [0x30401002] UBOOT / Partition meson / Identify / USB Control setup error
    [2018-01-06 23:17:30 869] [HUB1-2] [0x00101004] Erase bootloader / Lowper / Identify / Error result

When I run with Burn Card Maker, it does not boot at all after it runs this update.

What's do i miss here :(

Help

Thanks in advance

2. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

You say you have an X8-H, but you have posted in the X8-H Plus forum!
    The firmwares for these devices are different.

3. Kryzzpe

Kryzzpe New Member

Mmm okey. Is there a big differensen between these two. Well I thought it was a Plus model I had.

Well I post it in the right forum then....

4. Villa

There is not a huge difference but the firmwares are different for each device.
    Please check which device you have before continuing.

There is no official Lollipop ROM for the X8-H.
    There is only a custom ROM available...
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/minix-x8-h-finless-lollipop-rom-1-0.17949/

Kryzzpe likes this.
  5. Bighead

Bighead New Member

I need the stock firmware for x8-plus, I was trying to upgrade to android 5.1.1, but I have loaded all sorts of firmware on my box, now it boots up to the recovery screen when I press the power button, I don't have to press the recovery button along with the power button. My recovery screen shows
    android system recovery <3e>
    KOT49H.20141018 release keys

So I am not sure if my box is bricked, in the past I was able to connect iy to my computer and use the burning tool, but I have install many firmware, now it just boots to the recovery screen

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

6. Villa

Have you tried this?
    http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player...x8-x8-h-stock-rom-003-in-flashable-zip-format

7. Menorca Man

Menorca Man Active Member Trusted Helper

You have posted in the Minix X8-H Plus thread requesting stock firmware for a X8 Plus. Do you in fact have a Minix X8 Plus or is it a X8-H Plus?? An important distinction as the firmwares are different between the two. ;)

8. Bighead

Bighead New Member

I have a minix X8 plus not the H, and I think that is my issue, I was under the impression that X8 and X8-H was same, but after using x8-H firmware I realized that, and to answer Villa, I did use that rom
    Thanks

9. Villa

The X8, X8-H and the X8 Plus all use the same firmware.
    The X8-H Plus is different.

10. Bighead

Bighead New Member

I did write plus firmware to the box, if I create a sd card with the rom you suggested, it writes that firmware, then when it reboots, enters recovery mode without pressing the recovery switch. I can attach a keyboard and can load roms from usb, but it always goes back to the recovery screen. :(
    I have so many roms, but if I remember well, this booting to recovery mode happened after I burned this rom - X8H_PLUS_LOLLIPOP_RC2.img

11. Menorca Man

You're not the first person to make this mistake nor, I suspect, will you be the last!!:whistle:

The Minix stock firmware that you require for your X8 Plus can be found in the Neo X8-H, X8 Plus & X8 thread http://minixforum.com/forums/official-firmware-releases.68/, the latest being 009 (20160324) http://minixforum.com/threads/x8-x8-plus-x8-h-official-firmware-009-20160324.11938/.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  12. Bighead

Bighead New Member

thanks bro, the good thing about this is that I dont have to boot into recovery mode, my box just boot there after I press the power button for 4 secs.
    I am downloading the zip file, will copy to usb, then I will update from ext, choose that zip file ( and let you know
    Thanks

13. Menorca Man

14. Bighead

Bighead New Member

installed it, install msg was
    Script Succeed
    Result was: [0.10000]
    Install from udisk complete
    It stills boot to the recovery screen after I reboot the box

Anyhow don't loose sleep about this, I have already spent lots of time on this.
    I have two minx X8 boxes (X8H and X8 plus), I was able to upgrade the X8H to linux 5 using the file MXIII-G_108L1.rar, but this one is giving me greif.

I have spent too much time on this, in the mean while I have acquired a vorke Z1 (has a Amlogic S912 processor)and a A5X max ( has aRK3328 quad core 64 bit processor).

I didnt go back to Minix because of the frimware upgrade policy and I just saw that they released a win10 box, and I was tempted to get one, but I will stay away from Minix.

We need to move to companies that have better upgrade of firmware policies

Thanks for all your help

15. Bighead

Bighead New Member

menora man is this firmware or Kodi apk??? - MINIX_ XBMC_V16.3_20160911..

16. Menorca Man

It's a Minix tweaked version of Kodi 16.1 apk and will only install onto Minix boxes.

17. Bighead

Bighead New Member

no use to me unless I can get my box up and running :)

18. Bighead

Bighead New Member

is it safe to say that the burning of img files is the same for most of the amlogic processors, reason for the question is that I bought a M8 goobang doo box for a friend as a gift and it has a cortex A9 quad core mali-450 processor????

I want to upgrade it to android 5, but the OTA says there is no upgrade, same as the Minix

Any idea would be a nice starting point.
    Thanks

19. Menorca Man

In principle I would say the procedure is similar. However, engineers have a saying - similar is not the same!! I would also caution that a little knowledge can be dangerous so do some careful research via Google and YouTube otherwise you run the risk of a bricked box. ;)