1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Upgrade to Lollipop and Kodi Krypton

Discussion in 'Beta Firmwares' started by Kanti, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Kanti

Kanti New Member

I have Neo X8-H Plus. Novice and wish to upgrade the firmware and Android latest working Lollipop
    and latest Kodi Krypton version that works with the Minix X8-H Plus
    Help is needed for links to the latest firmware, Android Lollipop and working stable Kodi Krypton.
    Detailed instruction about installing these packages will be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance
  2. mark2

mark2 Active Member

Have a good read in this link should find all the help you need
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/x8-h-plus-lollipop-rc2-firmware-july-2017.16633/
  3. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

Another possible choice !
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/finless-x8-h-plus-lollipop-rom-1-0.18001/
  4. Lawson

Lawson New Member

hi guys im struggling to get my box to be detected using USB BURNING TOOL. i want to put lollipop onto my 8h plus i have sd but i cant get that to work either. n00b :S
  5. Peter iNevers

Peter iNevers New Member

Hello, I too been having problems in upgrading my NEO X8-H to Lollipo... I can't find anything to root my device... anyone with solutions I will appreciate it very much
  6. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

This one is pre-rooted...
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/finless-x8-h-plus-lollipop-rom-1-0.18001/
  7. Lawson

Lawson New Member

ive done it if you need any help im around matey :)
  8. Lawson

Lawson New Member

i burned using the burn card make v2.0.3 - downloaded RC2 .img and debloated it using Customization tool repacked it, flashed it and everything is working great now have android 5.1 and Kodi 17.6 :) and a very fast minix box
  9. Kanti

Kanti New Member

I did exactly the same for my Minix Neo X8-H Plus ....
    1. Used "USB_Burning_Tool_v2.0.6.2" downloaded to my Windows 10 PC, extracted the package and run "setup_v2.0.6.2_build2.exe" to install the "USB_Burning_Tool"
    2. Run the PC "USB_Burning_Tool" application
    3. Attached USB cable to Minix OTG port, located on the side of the Minix box and the other side of cable connected to my Windows 10 USB port <---I actually used my old phone "Samsung Galaxy S4" micro USB cable.
    4. Using a pin, pressed the Recover button, located at the back of Minix X8-H Plus and Powered up the Minix box. Keeping the recover pressed until message "Connect Success" displayed on the USB Burning Tool application.
    5. On the USB_Burning_Tool application File->Image Import then navigate and select .img file and Press "Start" Button
    6. Takes about 5 - 6 minutes to complete to install .img fille.

After the .img file properly installed, disconnected Minix box from the PC, attach back to TV and Power up the Minix box, first time this will takes several minutes load.

Then proceed to download Kodi 17.6 and install it.

Works very good

Thanks very one !!
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2018 at 11:07 PM
  10. Amoncourt

Amoncourt New Member

Hi Kanti
    Can you indicate a link for img file Please ?
  11. Kanti

Kanti New Member