1. Official MINIX forum

Upgrading Z64 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10

Discussion in 'NEO Z64W Guides & FAQs' started by Tim-APCR, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Tim-APCR

Tim-APCR Member

There were a lot of questions on the forum about upgrading to Windows 10, how easy it was and if everything worked out. I made a video of the process...time lapsed in the middle, don't worry.

The beginning was a little rough. The update didn't appear in my Windows Update screen, but after doing some research, it looks like that was a fairly common Windows problem, not a MINIX problem.

Other than that, the process was really simple. I haven't found anything yet that didn't work, but I'll keep everyone posted if I do.

2. newbie99

newbie99 Moderator Moderator

At 1:30 I'm missing if you choose [Upgrade now] or [Start download, upgrade later] and
    at 2:00 I'm also missing what you choose, but I think it depends on what you have chosen at 1:30 or do you choose the [Start the upgrade now]?
  3. Tim-APCR

Tim-APCR Member

For that video, I chose to download and upgrade later. But I imagine that the process would be very similar.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    newbie99 likes this.
  4. Tim-APCR

Tim-APCR Member

Personality, I always download an update and install offline - no matter what operating system. I've had too many go wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    newbie99 likes this.
  5. newbie99

newbie99 Moderator Moderator

6. ilgriso

ilgriso New Member

Does the new OS take much more free space on our little hard disks?
    Thank you.