1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

USB-C

Discussion in 'NEO N42C-4' started by Ron Liekens, May 23, 2018.

1. Ron Liekens

Ron Liekens New Member

What are the exact details of the USB-C port? Could it be USB-C gen2?

I want to buy a docking station with a VGA connector and several USB-3 connections. Any suggestions?

Best regards,
    Ron Liekens

2. rollingrock

rollingrock Member

Can see minix support is really not working, could not even reply to this basic query.

3. Ron Liekens

Ron Liekens New Member

Yes, I had to return 2 USB-C hubs returned to Amazon that did not work. I have one working good right now, but these actions could be prevented if I had decent info from Minix support.

4. MINIX - Martin

MINIX - Martin Moderator Moderator

Please kindly confirm the exact product you're referring to.
    I think you're referring a MINIX NEO C hub, not talking about the USB type-C port on the MINIX NEO N42C-4.
    Am I correct?

5. Ron Liekens

Ron Liekens New Member

Martin,

Since we are in the NEO N42-C section the question is about this machine. My request is about the exact detailed info about the USB-C port of this pc. I cannot find a description published by the manufacturer or anywhere else on the internet for that matter. I found this a standard practice on the market of computer manufacturers. I had to try and error on the market and that should not be let over to the customer.

I was at first looking for a good equiped docking station, but could find any that could handle at least 4 extra USB 3.0 ports and a VGA output. I posted my question on april 23 and waited for two weeks to obtain an answer, but no luck. As I buy a pc I want to use it for what it is needed, so I went and see what could be done to have the machine running according to my needs. Now I have a decent 7 port USB 3.0 connected to the USB-C port and got a Display port VGA converter connected wich works fine.

Things are working nice now and I have much pleasure from the Minix NEO N42-C as it has a good design and is thermally cool when not streched to the limit. Shurely the brochure could be updated with the full specifications. So, what are the details of the USB-C port if you know them? I still like to know.

Someone wrote that the USB-C port is designed for the Macbooks. This was initially so, but the mainstream pc market has adapted the port as a standard but with different stages of development.

Best regards,
    Ron

6. MINIX - John

MINIX - John MINIX Team Member Administrator

Hi Ron,

The USB-C port on MINIX NEO N42C-4 is USB 3.1 Gen 1 (5Gbps).

The USB-C port is compatible with our range of USB-C adapters.