1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

USB Drive Problem after 004 update

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS 004 firmware via MINIX FOTA' started by parra72, May 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. parra72

parra72 New Member

Hi, Apologies if this is a known issue. I was on version 002 previously and had 4 USB drives connected to x8-h plus without a problem.
    However after upgrading to 003 and then 004 one of my USB drives is not being detected properly anymore. It mounts the drive but can't see any of the content on it and it won't appear in File Explorer. ES Explorer shows the drive but no content in it. It works fine when connected to a Windows PC still and I ran a disk check.
    Is there a known issue that previously compatible drives might not work correctly on 004? Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
  2. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

I would suggest reformat the USB drive.

Are all the USB drives the same file format?
  3. parra72

parra72 New Member

Yes all NTFS drives. Formatting was my next option. Just hoped I wasn't going to have to copy the 1tb files from and to the drive. Anyway will do. Thanks for the quick response!
  4. Villa

I assumed you meant USB pendrives! :rolleyes:
  5. parra72

parra72 New Member

Nah. External powered USB drives with my movie collections on them!
  6. parra72

parra72 New Member

Must have been a drive problem. I copied everything off, formatted and then copied it all back on. Working fine now.
  7. Villa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.