1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

USB hub issues

Discussion in 'NEO U9-H' started by nanoblock, Jul 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. nanoblock

nanoblock New Member

Hi all,

Hoping to solve USB issues, as many had resolved it before, but seems to me that I can't fixed it for a while now.
    The solutions that I have read thus far does not really fix the solution at hand, so I am hoping to find an alt answer via this thread.

Constantly faced USB mounting issues on the minix u9h for a few months.
    I am on the latest FW 008. I had to restart/reboot minix, and then see if it mounts on it via the ES App.
    Sometimes it will read as OTG 1003 or OTG 1005. On a lucky day, it will mount and I can watch my stuff via the HDD.

I have this guy below as my HDD, which is a USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 compatible.

WD MY PASSPORT 2TB (Slim) WDBS4B0020BBL-WESN

Question are:

a) Is there any compatibility issues with USB 3.0?
    b) Does the minix neo u9-h prefer a self-powered USB?
    c) Would you guys recommend me to get a UBS 2.0 self -powered hub to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

2. crea

crea Member

u9-h only has usb 2.0 which doesn't provide enough power for every HDD out there. So it's not a matter of preference, it's simply dictated by the HDDs as they need lots of power to spin up.
    Can't recomment a hub but I think any powered hub will work. I personally don't use it because it's inferior solution in all cases except when you need to transfer content between locations.
    Do you really need the ability to plug and unplug the disk ? If not then running even a simple form of NAS (network share on any of your PC) is 10 times better than usb storage.

Villa likes this.
  3. pusb87

pusb87 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

Easiest and cleanest way to transfer content is surely over your LAN using FTP/Samba etc ??

4. crea

crea Member

I was talking about different locations, meaning no LAN. If you need to transfer several terabytes over the internet it takes forever even if both sides have fast connection (which is also not guaranteed).

5. pusb87

pusb87 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

ahh ok , i agree :)(y)