1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

User profiles: cannot switch users

Discussion in 'NEO X7 mini' started by crazycookie, Nov 25, 2015.

1. crazycookie

crazycookie New Member

hi.

User profiles is quiet handy if having kids or don't want to expose your Google account to everyone in your family. These user profiles where never an issue with the "official" MINIX firmware.

However, I never succeeded with the "community based" release (latest is 240). Does anyone have managed to create user profiles AND is still able to switch between those profiles? And if so, how to?

This is a serious show stopper ever since the community based release came out.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
  2. KIMAUZY

KIMAUZY New Member

I added a second profile and all went well but when I go back to owners profile then try to reopen the second profile it wont open. Any ideas?
  3. Sandokan

Sandokan New Member

Same issue. Build 250 installed and working very well ... except that it is possible to expend the time to setup profiles ... but then find that it is impossible to ever switch profiles ...

Seems the option in the settings to switch-on profiles is missing. Posts online seem to indicate that should be found under the "Personal" section of the settings (where "location" and "security" can be found), but it is missing on the Minix build 250 setup.

Having multiple profiles on a media box like the X7 seems super useful. That it almost invariable sits in the lounge and hence is subject to the likes of semi-knowledgable teenagers messing with it ... is inevitable ... for which user profiles is a very elegant solution.

Anyone out there working on this still? And if not, is there any way of convincing the community to look at finishing the support for user profiles? :- )

Thanks & best regards.