1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Beta Release V13.3.3 BETA 8 MINIX XBMC for evaluation

Discussion in 'Beta Firmware' started by MINIX - Ken, Nov 4, 2014.

1. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Dear all,

We're pleased to release the new BETA version of MINIX XBMC for your evaluation!

Changes:
    Fixed some .ts files failed to playback problem;
    Added native support for refresh rate switching; (Have to enabled manually inside settings page, work with NEO X6/X8/X8-H/X8-H PLUS only)
    Added 3D mode support; (Required a 3DTV of course, work with X6/X8/X8-H only)

Please backup and uninstall your current MINIX XBMC prior to the installation.

Download link, APK updated:
    http://www.semperpax.be/owncloud/public.php?service=shorty_relay&id=PAwSMF29vE
    OR
    http://minix.com.hk/downfile/xbmcminix-armeabi-v7a_13.3.3_beta8.apk

TIPS:
    To enable refresh rate switching, go to SYSTEM -> Settings -> Video -> Playback ->
    Set "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" to "On start/stop" &
    Set "Pause during refresh rate change" to your own best preferred timing, mine is set to "4.0 Seconds" for example.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417698319.632285.jpg

Regards,
    Team MINIX.
  2. paul_1991

paul_1991 New Member

Thanks Ken!

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk
  3. slowdown

slowdown Nursing Case

Hello Ken,

What means native refresh rate support?
    We don´t need frequency switcher for this xbmc version?

3D frame packing (3DBD-ISO) supported now?
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  4. afss

afss New Member

Hello, thanks for the Beta !

Quick question, does the frequency switcher now works with Minix @ 4K resolution ? It was already working with 1080p resolution (even when playing 4K files).
  5. Sim

Sim New Member

Fantastic work, 3d autoswitching works flawlessly(SBS, I only have sbs movies) as does the framerate switching, I can use my minix box again thanks......

Only thing I could ask for now it 3d - 2d conversion on android & hd audio support , that would make this box complete as far as I'm concerned

Well done minix team.......
    Ulises Rodriguez PhD likes this.
  6. Ulises Rodriguez PhD

Ulises Rodriguez PhD Active Member

Thanks Ken for giving us this great surprise today, by launching this new MINIX-XBMC version!!

I would like to know, if we still need to install the frequency switcher for this new Minix xbmc version?

As I always say, thank you for caring to improve and make that the MINIX X8-H can be everyday better and better !!

Edit: I have noticed that in this New v13.3.3beta, the "Custom Shuthdown Timer" is now available!

I also have noticed, that when the you start the X8-H, at the "Select a Home APP", the "XBMC for MINIX" is now show as a new launcher option...
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  7. Sim

Sim New Member

I didn't, just uninstalled, re-installed & copied my backup over, worked a treat.
  8. Vidman

Vidman Member

do you need to be on beta firmware for this to work?
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  9. Mohammed

Mohammed New Member

How to backup and uninstall the current Minix XBMC version?
  10. slowdown

slowdown Nursing Case

A shorter solution:
    • rename folder hk.minix.xbmc to _hk.minix.xbmc
    • uninstall minix-xbmc
    • install updated version - don´t start APP now!
    • rename folder back to hk.minix.xbmc
    • start updated minix-xbmc
    so far there are no minix related addons installed with v13.3.3, this should work.
  11. Sim

Sim New Member

Good idea , why didn't I think of that? (y)
  12. danfozzy

danfozzy Member

This smells like spmc with a couple of Minix related tweaks
  13. Jack83

Jack83 New Member

I cant get h264 mkv's to work if amcodec hardware acceleration is enabled.
    The file plays and I get the audio, but it just stays in the menu. I got a similar problem with the old version but it was solved by switching between 24Hz and 60Hz using the addon.
  14. slowdown

slowdown Nursing Case

Are there optional download sources available?
    Server too slow - DL stops.
  15. thoklo

thoklo Member

GUI is not in full screen after the upgrade made as @slowdown mentioned above.

The best way to describe it; it looks like the GUI is 720 size on a 1080 TV. So small in the lower left corner. However the Android and TV is set to 720P

When I start a movie, the movie is playing in the size of the TV, but I still only see the movie in the area of the 720 window. The right and upper side is black like masked.

I tried to a take a screenshot, but the effect is not shown, so I created what I see

If I change the Android to 1080i, everything looks normal again, however I do not want 1080i on this TV.

upload_2014-11-4_15-19-15.png
  16. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Looks good so far, frequency switcher working great. I notice that's you can also select it as a launcher :)

Sent using Tapatalk
  17. zarbman

zarbman Active Member

Friend and how do I select it as launcher :)

Excellent work ... friends do not stop for a moment to innovate ...

And excuse my English translator of google
  18. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

SettingsMbox - other - more settings -home

Sent using Tapatalk
    zarbman likes this.
  19. zarbman

zarbman Active Member

Thanks friend
  20. killahpriest

killahpriest New Member

Can you tel me, how to setup the switcher? What the perfect settings are?

Regards kenneth
    shuvro likes this.