1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Beta Release V13.3.3 BETA 8 MINIX XBMC for evaluation

Discussion in 'Beta Firmware' started by MINIX - Ken, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith Member

Hi @MINIX - Ken Do Minix plan to release a Minix version of Kodi in the near future? Regards Joseph
  2. ArceeKay

ArceeKay Active Member

I installed this Beta 8 version on my Minix X8-H running the latest firmware and still, when going to SettingsMbox - Other - More Settings - Home I only can choose between the standard Launcher and the Minix Metro. How do I get the option to choose XBMC? I'd love that!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  3. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

why would you expect otherwise with minix xbmx?....... xbmc is not a launcher but i believe there is a spmc version that will do this...try google
  4. ArceeKay

ArceeKay Active Member

Thought to understand from earlier posts (#16 to #18) in this thread that it was possible. But maybe there it was Frequency Switcher and not XBMC? I don't see why using Frequency Switcher is needed anyhow with Beta 8?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  5. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

yes i think i can see the confusion.....im pretty sure that when this thread was started it was for an earlier version of minix xbmc that did have the ability to be a launcher , much like the spmc i mentioned. And no, the frequency switcher is not required for beta 8, it is " built in"
  6. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson New Member

Using Handbrake again I have made some more tests.

Using the High Profile and clicking on "Constant Framerate" and Framerate "Same as Source" items play at the correct speed, typically 24p

However, using the default file type of m4v chapters do not work properly (but resume play does so the app knows how to locate a time) :(

Handbrake also lets you make a mkv and yes chapters work but then you get jerky 24p playback (for the same movie) :(

I have done this for the film, "The Final Countdown" and both version have a very similar file size one with the jerky playback and the other chapters that don't work (except to the first chapter).

Any thoughts please?
  7. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

I think you will find this version will run on the X7. It is just certain features that will only work with NEO X6/X8/X8-H/X8-H PLUS.
  8. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson New Member

A small update on my chapters that do not work.

I have noted that chapter forward to the next chapter only works once, thus if you are in chapter 3 and select next chapter it will take you to chapter 4 but it wont work anymore.

Will this be fixed?

P.S. A problem with m4v files only

EDIT: Just tried Kodi 14.1 on my Windows laptop and chapters work okay with that playing the same files.

I shall try 14.1 on my Neo X8-H Plus to see how that works

EDIT2:

Yes, chapters work in the ARM version of Kodi 14.1 so hopefully in the full release of the Minix release they should also work...
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  9. Yogi

Yogi New Member

I have searched the forums with the search function but couldn't find anything on this.

My xbmc audio sync has gone completely up the wazoo to the point no content is watchable anymore. Usually there was a predictable audio lag I had accounted for within the software and I watched everything with no issues including 720p content.

Now my audio is more than three seconds early. Whenever I try to set the sync to match it basically breaks the picture and turns it into something resembling an animated gif.

Anyone else having this issue or know of a fix? Have not changed any settings in xbmc at all that could have lead to the problem.

Cheers
  10. marcd90

marcd90 New Member

Could someone please answer a couple of questions please
    Ive been using kodi 14.1 for a while now but having some play back issues
    What id like to no is if I install this then run the tvaddons fusion installer over it does it affect the minix xbmc settings
    If it does would I be better installing the tvmc version
  11. ArceeKay

ArceeKay Active Member

To my knowledge, installing the fusion installer does not affect the Kodi settings. I personally recommend using the XBMC Minix version because it has better hardware decoding. Our, instead, move to OpenElec!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. wlighter

wlighter Member

While watching movies stored on my NAS, it will suddenly exit back to the directory menu again. Happened at random. I don't experience this on streaming. But non of my streaming usually last more then 1 hour. Network is stable and cache is full on my X8H. (I enabled buffer for local media with about 170Mb allocated cache). No other additional program running so memory is free.
  13. mszczepa

mszczepa New Member

I have similar problem, but it is not really annoying (it happens occasionally).
    For me, the bigger problem is incorrect frequency switching operation from 50 to 60 Hz and vice versa.
    it can't switch from 60 Hz to 25/50 and from 50 Hz to 60 Hz -so the European TV materials can't work fluently if 60 Hz is set in Minix settings.

Kodi 14.1 has a similar problem while SPMC based on Kodi 14 is working properly.

When can we expect some corrections, or the final version?
  14. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

The final version is here - http://www.minixforum.com/threads/v13-3-3-final.4044/

Are you using the freq switcher in Minix Settings or in xbmc?
  15. mszczepa

mszczepa New Member

THX, I haven't noticed it (maybe because of TapaTalk). I'm using switcher in XBMC menu and it works correctly for 24 fps.

edit:
    In final version it works fine.
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  16. Konrad

Konrad New Member

Hi, I've read the whole thread and have not found a solution to my problem. I'm using X8-h plus with xbmc 13.3.3 beta 8 and my problem is with HEVC videos at 25 fps with HW accel on.
    When the HW acceleration is on the files encoded with HEVC at 25 fps fail to show video. The audio plays nice but instead of the video I still see the file browser, can navigate and even using the left menu can safely stop the playback. So HW acceleration + HEVC + 25 fps -> audio ok but no video (but not a blank screen either).
    It might look like the video is to play on some kind of overlay (?) that fails to show..
    I can switch off the HW acceleration and then video playback is correctly shown but for resolutions bigger than 576p HEVC software decoding is just too slow.
    All else seems to be working fine, HW accelerated HEVC at 23.976 works flawlessly (even at at SBS 3840x1080 or 4K).
    Changing 'Adjust display refresh rate to match video' or 'Pause during refresh rate change' does not help.
  17. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

This is an old beta version. Try the latest Minix XBMC -
    mesutismail likes this.
  18. minime0

minime0 New Member

@rom69,
    Do you still fight that issue below? Do you have any recommendations how to avoid freezing? My device is Tronsmart S89, but it uses almost the same hardware (S802) as Minix X8. I have tested many versions of XBMC and Kodi with IPTV Simple Client including alfas and betas, but freezing occurs in any of them. But in my case freezings occur only when I zap channel in fullscreen mode. I can zap channels ir preview mode without any issues. Sorry for my incorrect English :(

19. rom69

rom69 Member

I have an X8-H plus with firmware 4a, tvheadend backend and still fighting with certain topics.

Black screen but sound after zapping in full screen and preview mode (XBMC Minix 13.3.3 and Kodi 14.2 - 80% fail, SPMC 14.2 and Kodi Isengard Beta 1 - 10% fail).

Freezing of the whole box, when being longer in standby with running Kodi, XBMC or SPMC (no active channel, just the program runs).

rom69
  20. Zoprano

Zoprano New Member

Good day

Another Portuguese in these parts.

Of course the same question ever "librtmp" is updated or not?
    I had to read the pages almost all, and despite being asked several times, has never been confirmed.

Can anyone confirm that it is updated?
    If not, where can I get?

Is there much information about it on google, we got to a point where we no longer know which is the latest.

The APK I installed, and I dowload in the first page, it is the latest?
    It is named "xbmcminix-armeabi-v7a_13.3.3_final.apk"

I have a Minix X8 plus

Sorry for English, google translator