1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Official Release V13.3.3 final

Discussion in 'Kodi/XBMC for MINIX Releases' started by MINIX - Ken, Feb 6, 2015.

1. pusb87

pusb87 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

2. EdT586

EdT586 Member

3. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

The link provided by @Frederick_99 contains the same link you have supplied if you look for 'Extra' a few lines down! ;)

sangaz likes this.
  4. pusb87

pusb87 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

yes i know....the latest minix xbmc is in the first post of the link i gave

5. Lancerobinson

Lancerobinson New Member

Xbmc is kodi....

6. arik regev

arik regev New Member

What is better for my minix neo x8-h plus . Kodi 15.2 or kodi for minix? And why?

7. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Try both and see which you prefer.
    Asking which is better will get you different answers from different people. Its best to try each with your own setup and see which you prefer.
    You can both installed at the same time.

8. Spellbound

Spellbound Member

I have updated to firmware 008a on my X8-H PLUS and I'm still using the original XMBC that came on the box without issue.

What are the benefits of the new version over the original version?

I'd hate to update and then get issues.

9. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

I would suggest that if you are happy with the version you have then stick with it.
    You could look at the kodi site to see what has changed from Gotham(v13) to isengard (v15).

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

10. silvapa

silvapa Member

Hi. This last version of xmbc does not recognize any external drives on my Minix U1 (sd card or usb drives). Kodi works fine. Any suggestions? Thanks.

11. dexter

dexter New Member

Try to look for the "Storage" folder, that's where I have mine :)

12. EagleEye

EagleEye Active Member

Please update to Jarvis for rockchip systems x7 and x5 koying stopped suporting it on spmc...

13. jimbonice

jimbonice Member

Koying had split from Kodi, and android will no longer be developed under Kodi. Koying has also stated that he will develop SPMC for the nvidia platform and rockchip may no longer be supported. The question I have is, will minix xbmc be further progressed beyond where it is now?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  14. cvigti

cvigti New Member

Hi! Some quick questions.
    I have a minix neo u1 and want the latest xbmc by minix. Which should I choose? I installed the latest (20151230 I think), and put a skin (aeon q6) and configured everything. Today, stupidly, I deleted the pvr iptv simple client addon. And after searching a lot I found that the only solution to get it back is to re-install kodi (and probably lose all the configurations I made to the skin). So, before doing this, should I install the version I wrote up there or the "official release" one? Do I have to delete the version I have before installing? Does the official release version have optical spdif passthrough?
    Thanks!

edit: nevermind. I re-installed the latest minix xbmc (20151230 or something, the 15.3 one) and it brought back the iptv simple client addon AND kept all my configurations on the aeon q6 skin. :D

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    Higgs likes this.
  15. dweezil

dweezil New Member

Should I use Kodi 16 or Minix XBMC 13? What is the latest / best version? Ta

16. cvigti

cvigti New Member

I think it depends. If you have a xh 8 or u1 the best will be the 15.3 version of xbmc by minix. If you have a rk chip device like x5 or something like that the best version should be the official release 13.xxx. You can find the latest on the minix xh 8 thread, under extras on the latest firmware post. I'm on mobile so its hard to put the links here... ;)
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/official-x8-h-plus-009-firmware-20160328.12155/
    Here. ;)

17. Lock

Lock Member

Simple question:
    On my new U1 I've found version 15.3 and, at this point, I start to suspect it's a beta release as this seems to be the official one.
    Beside some little problems with h265 video smoothness (but it seems related to a bug in Kodi, with hardware acceleration) everything works perfectly*.
    Does it make any sense to try this one? I think not but who knows?

Bonus question: I've set the passthrough function and now I notice the system volume (and A2 Lite buttons) doesn't work anymore. Or, better, it works but not on XBMC audio channel.
    Is it a bug or it's intended? I understand that a theoric passthrough should bypass everything but on my previous media player (mede8er) I was still able to set the volume. And it would be very useful here too, so I can use only one remote.

Thanks.

18. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

No!

Lock likes this.
  19. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

That is intended to avoid issues with recievers.

20. Lock

Lock Member

So the only solution is to use two remotes? :/