1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Custom ROM Wasser 3.0.6.Android Lollipop 5.1.1 rom

Discussion in 'NEO X7 Custom ROMs, Kernels & Discussion' started by EagleEye, Dec 28, 2016.

1. hreich

hreich New Member

I am havinng problems with this firmware - i cant disable option to lock screen with pin or pattern..i would like to disable locking option but the buttons are gray and i cant disable unlock.
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  2. triplesilk

triplesilk New Member

Thanks a lot, my internet has been playing up so I've not tried it yet but I'll give it a go.
  3. triplesilk

triplesilk New Member

I think is an Android thing with preferential storage. If you use a VPN through the settings I'm not sure you can have the no security option. If you do set up a VPN then even if you delete the VPN setting then this no security option is still greyed until you click something about clearing preferential settings (in the security settings somewhere).
    Molle likes this.
  4. hreich

hreich New Member

Thanks..I cleared preferentials and now its working

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk
  5. Leafar2

Leafar2 New Member

Hi friends!

Sorry for my english...

I have custom firmware QS3 with android 4.4

Someone can say me how to flash the firmware and kernel the first page?

I need flash android 5.1 for install kodi 17.x

Thanks a lot
  6. Molle

Molle Member

7. sason

sason New Member

I just installed this room. It seems to work great. Thank you. I have one question:
    The minix stock ir-remote works well, but the power button (to put to sleep and wake up) does not function. Is there a way to enable it?

*I did not install the new kernel

Thank you
  8. Molle

Molle Member

Yes, you did. The separately provided image is just an oc'd version of the kernel included in the fw package.
    sason likes this.
  9. hreich

hreich New Member

Power you have to hold for few secs

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk
    sason likes this.
  10. sason

sason New Member

Thank you. now the power button works.
    But, is it possible to configure stop, play and pause (with Logitech remote) in kodi, as it was possible in the minix rom?
  11. hreich

hreich New Member

Yes.you have to edit conf file somewhere in your kodi

sason likes this.
  12. sason

sason New Member

Thank you for the help!. I really appreciate this. Now I have another issue:
    I cannot use Netflix. I was able to install and start the app but it fails to play any program. I tried also with their website, using chrome app. But I get the same error. Does someone had this error and got it fixed? I understood that the error occurs maybe because it is a rooted rom. But also the minix rom that I used before was rooted and Netflix worked fine. Anyway, if the root it the cause for the error, is it possible to unroot the rom?
    dgekil74 likes this.
  13. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

Here's a couple of versions you can try...

If you see the 5.2 error or have any other issues reboot the device.
  14. hreich

hreich New Member

Are u using vpn..that can be a problem

15. sason

sason New Member

Thank you for the replies.
    I tried both of the linked versions. But when I open the app I got an error (something like "1000/...").
    I do not know what is VPN. besides of the apps that come with this rom, I have only kodi, nothing else.
    I will try to fresh install the rom again. Meybe I will get lucky and it will be fix.
  16. losdelrock

losdelrock New Member

Thanks for the brilliant ROM which has given my X7 a new lease of life.

One thing which I cannot get to work is the VPN. I have tried Hideman (which I subscribe to), the built in Android VPN client and OpenVPN.

They all appear to connect but I get no connectivity with various errors "Network state has changed" or "DNS NX Domain".

Also, the Ethernet icon occasionally disappears when connecting or at intermittent intervals after connecting to the VPN.

Has anyone managed to get a VPN working on this firmware?

Available to test if anyone can come up with a solution.

17. sason

sason New Member

Hi, About the netflix app:
    I reinstall to Rom, I tried many solutions found on the web, but when I try play a show, I still get the error: "Sorry, we could not reach the Netflix service. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please visit the Netflix website (0013)."
    I really like this ROM. None of the users have/had the issue?
  18. Molle

Molle Member

Have you tried the older versions @Villa suggested?
  19. sason

sason New Member

Yes, I tried both of them. But after installing, I got an error (device error occurred 501-1006) when I tried to open the app. I got the same error also after rebooting.
    In addition, I tried several other older versions. but none of them removed the error.
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  20. yaniv3993

yaniv3993 New Member

working with this rom try to install netflix & don't work someone have idea?