1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Web Cam Drivers

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H Plus' started by B6The Ground, Jul 20, 2017.

1. B6The Ground

B6The Ground New Member

I am using a Minix NEO X8-H Plus for the 1st time and wonder would it be possible to use my redundant
    Samsung Webcam VG-STC 2000 with an appropriate driver.
    Bought this webcam like many thousands of others to use on Skype via A Samsung Smart (?) Tv only to find it useless as Skype was discontinued on the TV .
    So would really like to use it via my Minix box for Skype.

Has Anyone done this _ A log shot I know.

Thanks in advance for any advice even if its "You Must Be Joking"
  2. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Have you tried plugging it in to the X8-H Plus?
  3. B6The Ground

B6The Ground New Member

Villa Thank you for your reply. Yes I have tried the camera via its USB connection. It is not recognised. Ive also tried a Logitech Camera/Mic and that one is recognised and it places a Camera Icon on the main screen with all the loaded apps and it works well on Skype via the X8, its just that I would have liked to put the Samsung camera to use as it was quite expensive and is good quality output.
  4. dirkdiggler

dirkdiggler Member

I'm curious about this as well.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
  5. mark2

mark2 Active Member

Try plugging it in then reboot may work
  6. B6The Ground

B6The Ground New Member

Thank you Sir I'm fairly certain I did reboot but I will try it again, thanks.
  7. B6The Ground

B6The Ground New Member

Tried a reboot a couple of times without success. The Blue power light within the camera illuminates but no Camera icon and no Camera to select in Skype. .... Shame.

The camera has probably got some form of blocking software installed preventing its user from using the camera in any other equipment apart from Samsung not so smart tv,
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2017