1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Weird Playback error- thoughts??

Discussion in 'NEO U9-H' started by Crysalismum, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Crysalismum

Crysalismum New Member

Have a U9H and download off peak series/episodes on Netflix app.

During playback the screen goes completely white with a clear line down the centre and then small squares of colours and checkers jump about - you can’t see anything - it continues to play & the sound is completely uninterrupted - it happens every 5 or so minutes &. Lasts 3 to 15 seconds

Never happens on Netflix live stream.

if you pause and rewind the download the picture is perfect it plays fine and the Pixelation it is not there so it is not the file.

Really bizarre not sure what to do.
    Thoughts??
    Suggestions??

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  2. Crysalismum

Crysalismum New Member

Can anyone help??

3. Crysalismum

Crysalismum New Member

Is there a better thread to post this??

I would like to solve the issue and not getting replies in here

4. CybeRider

CybeRider Active Member

Your message has 83 views so far. I don't know how to help, and very likely more than 80 other people are also thinking about it as I am right now. I also wish you could solve the issue, and especially I wish it would be with my help. Until we find the solution you will be in my (maybe our) prayers.

(About replies here's one, I just also wish you don't get 80 more like this, but don't lose hope, sometimes 0 replies is better than some replies as it makes believe the situation is being taken care of)

Edit: Does it happen with other players or only with one (and which, should it be the case)?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    Crysalismum likes this.
  5. jackie999

jackie999 Member

Can't help ...but...am in the middle of binge watching Supernatural and one episode wouldn't play (error of some sort) so I hit the download and tried to watch after it was done and had the same problem as you (I eventually got the missing ep from terrarium) I assumed it was just a bad copy.
    As CybeRider said - I read this and wondered if it's common and others are wondering why? It's the one and only time I tried a download (FYI I'm on Canadian netflix).

BTW - what version netflix? the apk or the ATV playstore verion? I only have the apk :(

Crysalismum and CybeRider like this.
  6. Crysalismum

Crysalismum New Member

I’m using the Netflix app on minix u9 - only happens on this device and only on downloaded episodes- it starts to flicker randomly, in the pattern in the photo and the sound continues normally- if you pause and rewind it plays normally with no picture Interuption until about 2-4 minutes later and it will do it again

7. CybeRider

CybeRider Active Member

It would be great if you could locate the downloaded content in the drive and try to play it with a different player so we could waive the fault as being from the file. Netflix I knew way ago had funny validity codes embeded in the downloaded files that would terminate them after some days, and I really have no idea if it is like that anymore, (secret codes hidden in files are probably a trigger for eventual trouble I would say), the fact the files play well on rewind is probably not enough to assume it is not the files, as the supposed hidden code is probably bypassed on rewind as the sequence line gets broken.

On the other hand, if the problem is not in the file, it has to be in the player or elsewhere. If you have another player to read other files from different source with the same bad result, then we have to start to think about other type of problem, but not until then i.m.o., not until we get sure it is not the downloaded files from that particular source or that particular player.

As mentioned by @jackie999 he had the same situation so it has probably to do with the file or the app, or app version, since you mention it only happens with the U9 can we assume you have another box with the same application version doing it properly?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  8. jackie999

jackie999 Member

Since netflix does not support the U9 are you using a sideloaded apk (v 5.3...?)
    I'm hoping there isn't a problem with it since we can't use the playstore 'official' version on our OEM firmware and if the 'workaround' is breaking down it's worrying...