1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

What am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'NEO A3, A2 Lite Airmouse' started by Waggy03, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Dan7385

Dan7385 New Member

So I guess ...someehere in Europe. Hence the lovely saying of "assume". Wherever you are, enjoy! Appreciate your help over here in Thailand. One of the good things owning a Minix is, if I have a real serious issue, I can pick up the phone and call Minix direct and speak with John. But apart from one occasion, I have used the forum.
    There are so many copies of EVERYTHING here even in high end shopping malls. So I called him to ask for a genuine minix dealer to buy the U9h. There is only one here and at a good price.
    Anything bought outside of Thailand can attract various duties of up to 80%. So it is a lottery as to whether your item gets through free of all duties.
  2. mdmrx

mdmrx Member

There is minix official store at ali express to avoid copies.
  3. Dan7385

Dan7385 New Member

As I stated in my last reply to Villa...."Anything IMPORTED to Thailand attracts a variety of duties from customs. If you have a western name on the package, you are almost 100% guaranteed to pay excessive duties without a receipt......hope that is understood.
    This includes ANY import from ANY country. Without wishing to get into a dialogue over this.....if you lived here it would be easier to understand. But thank you for trying to help me.
    Regards
  4. Waggy03

Waggy03 New Member

Just to let everyone know who tried to help me- I have purchased a second A3 remote and it works beautifully - the dongle fits in the USB socket with no problems whereas the originally seemed to have some play in it. I did not try for a replacement because I had thrown all the packaging away. I am extremely pleased with the A3, particularly the keyboard. Thanks to everyone who tried to help me.
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    Villa likes this.
  5. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

Maybe a bit late to say this now, but you should have contacted @MINIX - John
  6. Waggy03

Waggy03 New Member

I assume @MINIX-John is with the company - I might contact him just to let him know about my problems and how pleased I am with the kit. Is he on this forum or is that Twitter - I shall have to join Twitter if that is the case - one of these days I will arrive in the 19th century.
  7. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

@MINIX - John is with the company and is active here ! Just place your cursor over his name in this post or in @Villa earlier post and you can start a conversation with him.
    DoctorBR likes this.
  8. MINIX - John

MINIX - John MINIX Team Member Administrator

Send me a direct private message on the forum and I'll try to help with the returns process of the original remote.
    It should still be possible to return the defect remote even without the packaging.
    DoctorBR and Villa like this.