1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

X8-H What Apps can I Disable or Remove ...

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H, X8 Plus & X8' started by exitguy, Nov 25, 2017.

1. exitguy

exitguy Member

X8-H running FTMC / XBMC for Minix 16.4, working fine but just seems to get a bit slow sometimes.
    We kill all tasks every night and put into Sleep, We Re-Boot every few weeks or at least monthly.

Had a really good clean-up recently of the FTMC and XBMC folders to get rid of anything not needed, but see there are still plenty of Apps in the App list that we don't use/need. We only run basic stuff like ES Explorer, CCleaner, Speedtest, Minix OTA Upgrade, FTMC & XBMC for Minix so have no use for stuff like Chrome etc.

Are there any Apps that someone can suggest to Disable or Remove to make this unit a little bit more "snappier" and not have to have so much "bloatware" loaded that we have no intention of using.
  2. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

I think you may have answered your own question ! :) Delete what you don't need or use !
  3. exitguy

exitguy Member

Just want to make sure that we don't remove/disable anything that is required to make sure Android runs OK - if we can get remove/disable not required stuff in the Apps folder that is great.
  4. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

Personally, if you want to remove Apps I'd just do obvious things. Ones that you know what they are and you personally don't need them !