1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Which Audio player

Discussion in 'NEO U1' started by nicknack35, Jun 29, 2018.

1. nicknack35

nicknack35 Member

Evening all after some advice please. Currently found out that My Dali Kubic One Soundbar outputs 24/96 via its USB currently using it via Optical to the TV now my Question is my music would be better if i was to use USB from the Minix to my Soundbar does anybody know if there is a decent Music player that i can use on the Minix that would allow me 24/96 im not sure if Kodi does this and im not fan of using plex for my Music Or is they any decent kodi addons to play my own Music Files thanks

2. nicknack35

nicknack35 Member

Anybody please?

3. skynet

skynet Moderator Moderator

4. nicknack35

nicknack35 Member

Sorry but what is that please?

5. skynet

6. Adam Foreman

Adam Foreman Member

You have 2 options for sound output.

1. Digital optical SPDIF

2. HDMI

This should be more than enough to hook up your soundbar with the full digital surround sound you want to use.

Personally, I'd use the easiest option which would be HDMI, otherwise SPDIF is awesome but needs more settings changed.

I also recommend using Kodi to play your music. It has all the video audio codecs which work fully with plain music files be them flac/mp3 etc [​IMG]

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

7. skynet

Can Kodi manage outputs 24/96 ?

8. Adam Foreman

Adam Foreman Member

Not necessary if he's using a soundbar and using pass through. It obviously depends on his soundbar and its ability. I use Kodi for music because it's a one stop solution for all media. Of course, NEUTRON Audio Player is another option as a stand alone application for just music.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

9. nicknack35

nicknack35 Member