1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Which minix

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by dykare, Feb 14, 2017.

1. dykare

dykare New Member

Hello
    I have 20 Mbit/s mobile broadband and intend to play live streams from iplayer with subtitles through webbrowser and even use Kodi. I want to use Neo A2. Which minix version would fulfill my requirements?
    dykare
  2. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

iplayer? Is that BBC iPlayer?

Android or Windows?
  3. dykare

dykare New Member

BBC. You mean what OS minix should has?
  4. Villa

Yes! Android or Windows, which do you prefer?

BBC iPlayer does not play through a web browser in Android. The BBC iPlayer app must be used or the Kodi BBC iPlayer Add-on!
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  5. dykare

dykare New Member

I can play all bbc channels on Windows Chrome PC without problem: bbc co uk iplayer live bbcone
  6. Villa

Why do you not read what I say and why do you not answer my questions? o_O
  7. dykare

dykare New Member

Sorry, I missunderstood you. I do not know which OS to prefer. I expect only the smooth qulaity of whatching and zaping.
  8. Villa

For Android MINIX NEO U1 (But there may be a new MINIX Android device soon!)
    For Windows MINIX NEO Z83-4

It's really up to you and what you want from the device!

I haven't yet tried a Windows device at the TV, only Android. If you want simplicity and ease of use with an airmouse (MINIX NEO A2 Lite) then I recommend an Android device.
    If I had already tried my Z83-4, setup for use with my TV, I may recommend differenty but until I try it I can't say. It is something that I wish to try when I have the time!

But I am totally happy with my U1! (y)
    I use it for BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, All 4, Zattoo, Kodi, etc....
  9. dykare

dykare New Member

Is Neo X7 mini enough for me?
  10. Villa

I would buy a newer device!
  11. dykare

dykare New Member

I bought X7 mini just for the test with purchace on appreval. Is it becouse 4K and WiFi aerial or slightly better perfomance that you would prefer newer device instead. Which would you prefer of those: Neo Z83-4, Neo X8-H or Neo U1? Maybe you have even bettet suggestion? Are moviestreaming in browser of quite poorer quality than in apps? Is is possible to view movies i browser without browser's frame?
  12. Villa

You still don't appear to be reading what I say!
    And now you tell us that you already have a device! :rolleyes:
  13. Villa

Because you have one then only you can say! ;)
  14. givecredit

givecredit Member Beta Tester

I would cancel this purchase and buy the newer U1. Newer version of android and fully developed and twigged by Minix team. In my opinion the best Minix so far.
    midnight likes this.
  15. Nenito2k

Nenito2k Guest

newer U1 ?! U9 is coming out probably in the next few weeks...and will be much better than U1 !
  16. dykare

dykare New Member

U1 or X8H plus? Which to chose? I have tested X7 mini all this night with factory settings: not sharp screen.
  17. Villa

I already said this!
  18. dykare

dykare New Member

I live in Sweden and want to install iplayer BBC so I can read subtitles in live TV without browser. I have tried many ways by following the advices on the net without luck. I still did not upgradet xbmc from gotham so I can not install xbmc BBC iplayer yet.
  19. dykare

dykare New Member

Will I get a sharper screen with U1 or maybe I should switch to a gold HDMI cable?
  20. dykare

dykare New Member

Besides I did not find iOS app to remote control the minix. I ordered Neo A2 mini from the store.