1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Why Minix staff keep deleting threads about bugs?

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS 007 firmware via MINIX FOTA' started by xbmcguru, Jul 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xbmcguru

xbmcguru New Member

Hi guys,

Why Minix people keep deleting threads about bugs on X8-H Plus device?!?!

Attached Files:

2. xbmcguru

xbmcguru New Member

3. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

4. xbmcguru

xbmcguru New Member

Hi Villa,

That is one thing, but issue is why my thread is deleted, I am really trying to help to catch bugs and post them here. I dont like when things are trying to be hidden as I am customer and I payed for my device, and also in my spare time I am trying to help that bugs are fixed

I payed for this device at GeekBu..... 149 USD and I expect that it works
    nicknack35, Sergio Valerio and Lemmy like this.
  5. Villa

You post was deleted because it was alleged that it was a double post. As I said, I cannot see evidence of this. @MINIX - Ken has posted answers to your post so I do not see a problem.

Ken, maybe you can shed some light on this?
  6. xbmcguru

xbmcguru New Member

Villa, I know what I write there and I know what was written in previous posts.
  7. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Hi Villa,

He created another thread after he has reported the problem in the bugtracker thread, and after I've replied to it.
    It's duplicated, and I don't see any logical reasons for him to do that, repeatingly.
    Bugs should be reported to bugtracker thread of the firmware that he is using, it's just that simple.
    Doing that one time - helpful.
    Doing that multiple times and repeatingly - I have all reasonable doubts over the motives.

Also, the "bugs" he reported aren't even true! I've replied him with pictures and videos as evidence.
    http://minixforum.com/threads/bugtracker-official-x8-h-plus-006a-fw.6467/page-3
    http://minixforum.com/threads/bugtracker-official-x8-h-plus-006a-fw.6467/page-3#post-59305
    It's not hidden, it's moved to the right place and it's more colorful than it was.
    So , @xbmcguru , get a refund.
    I am a forum administrator for a decade before working in this forum and I read people,
    people trying to help, people trying to attack, angry people, they act differently.
    Just send us your buying record from Geekbuying for the NEO X8-H PLUS.
    I'll make sure you get the money back, Z.
    I have been trying to play blind for months over a guy from Portugal promoting the Wetek box here.
    Nite.

@HardwareGuru , hey Guru, do you have any advice for this Zguru?
    Lemmy likes this.
  8. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

My advise would be the same.. just get a refund and move on.

We treat everyone the same;
    - double post get deleted.
    - post that has false findings will be moved or deleted ( e.g bugs that belong to another firmware release )
    - nothing will be deleted without any good reason.
    - bugs are to be reported, we dont hide them ( what would be the reason.. this forum is exactly for that sole reason! )
    - we read all.. we might not awnser as we just dont have the time to read all.

http://minixforum.com/threads/bugtracker-official-x8-h-plus-006a-fw.6467/page-3#post-59305

All your post?
    The 5 post you made besides the one that was a duplicate thread of your reports?..
    If you are just here to nag or demote the brand just go elseware.

I will not spend more time into this then allready did.
    I suggest to keep your tone next time and dont fire false accusations here on the forum!
    We are working hard here and dont have time for this bullshit, we rather help people instead of defending false accusations.
    And yes people get banned for that, just becuase we dont want to spend time on such things.
    *remember we are a brand forum and competitors allways try to demote the brand, we can not filter the good from the bad. ( and again..it also takes too much of our time )

Best regards,
    Martin
    An-Droid and sangaz like this.
  9. Villa

As I said I don't see a problem now! @xbmcguru your post has been posted in the correct place within a post by Ken and answered.

Ken I totally understand!

Enough said on this matter, I think!
    Douglas Rood likes this.
  10. MINIX - Ken

I'm expecting him to fix his own mistakes made before I have to post the truth.
    benster likes this.
  11. xbmcguru

xbmcguru New Member

@MINIX - Ken

Please be my guest and test this file by streaming it from your network storage:

http://4ksamples.com/4k-uhd-fireworks-sample/

Direct URL for Video sample:

http://downloads.4ksamples.com/[216...pei 101 Fireworks Trailer (4ksamples.com).mp4

About OSD get blurry and OSD looks ugly, simply go to settings and switch to 4K@30 resolution, device become also slow and not so responsive compared when it is at 1080p@50Hz, this is very simple to test, as I suppose you have 4K TV, switch resolution and take a look.

Regarding refund, I send email to GeekBuying to ask for it, but I think it will be not possible and of course I will contact You after get response from them
  12. MINIX - Ken

Oh really? More are coming. I've given you a last chance, you chose hell.
    752618918571839277.jpg
  13. xbmcguru

xbmcguru New Member

@ken

You could freely say that I am coming from ODROID HardKernel as I have ODROID C1, wetek or Ugoos or maybe nVidia as Shield Console is on it's way. I kindly reported those issues and expected normal communication. I have all of this boxes, but no problem keep with it as you wish and btw. thanks for reading me at Kodi Forum, I wish you all the best, but anyway hope you will test it and see that issues are existing, are they fixable by SW time will tell ;)
  14. MINIX - Ken

Undergången likes this.
  15. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

This is a good example why 2 accounts get banned by me;
    1. xbmcguru
    2. techespaces

We suspect this guy is working for / closely related to WeTek, a competitor (not before today).
    The reasons for this suspicion are:

1. The used IPs are linking to the same regions of the Linkedin profile of a WeTek salesman/support agent.
    2. The email adresses correspond to a user promoting WeTek (not only on MINIX forum )
    3. The user names correspond to users on the Kodi forum promoting WeTek.
    4. Writing bad things about MINIX, not only here.

I don't want to enclose personal info.
    Just search the names and look at their posts.

I am sorry guys but sometimes we just have to act.

As we are a manufacturer forum we have to protect brand interest.
    This means we have to remove any people that seems to just trying to give (even though it seems but might not ) a bad name.
    The time we spent on verifying authenticity of members is a lot.
    Sometimes the good will suffer from the bad but that is something we can not consider.
    We have to put time at helping people and build firmware fixes... not trying to defend our name to public.

We never hide posts, this forum has the sole purpose to find bugs and help people.
    We only hide and delete things that has nothing to do with MINIX or bug reports!

Topic closed.
    An-Droid likes this.
  16. MINIX - Ken

That's the dirtiest marketing I've encountered, ever!

P.S. Search on Google, search anywhere, I (We) have never said one single word about this brand or their product, until today.

"I really hope that they will stop doing that and keep improving/fixing bugs in their firmware, as there is a lot of work to do...."
    <-- Z, these are your own words and I want to say the same to you. We're extremely focusing fixing our own problems and improving our products. We have no time to attack others, please don't waste your time, do something good for your/your friends' users instead of creating this kind of crap. CEO, please go do something more meaningful. Leave us alone as we are not touching the DVB-OTT business at all.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=231801&pid=2049771#pid2049771
    Lemmy, Cavallino and Menorca Man like this.
  17. MINIX - Ken

This streams really well with my network setup with XXL network buffer set.
    I don't want to slap your face, you came here forcing me to do it.

Setup:
    X8-H PLUS @ FW006A (20150708 firmware);
    SanDisk USB 3.0 stick plugged to the USB 2.0 port of a <US$50 router (http://item.jd.com/1386706.html);
    Router file sharing via SMB;
    If using a better router (e.g. WRT1900AC) with USB 3.0 sharing port and using uPnP instead of SMB, the bandwidth could be better.

Can Wetek box plays this file? NO
    Can Wetek box streams this file? Of course not, it can't even play it, how to stream?
    Can Wetek's 10/100M Ethernet or 802.11n Wi-Fi handles this bandwidth? NO
    Can Wetek box decodes HEVC? NO
    Can Wetek box decodes 10bit HEVC? Of course not, it can't even decode HEVC!
    etc...
    (Repeat: I'm saying these only because you came. Check my history! I have never mentioned one single word about Wetek before today. You see if we want to talk about it, we can!)

Geekbuying told us there is no purchase record of X8-H PLUS from you, by the way.
    Leave us alone as we are not touching the DVB-OTT business at all.

Let's make this sticky so that more users could witness this dirty act.
    PatrickvH, tigerporc, Lemmy and 5 others like this.
  18. bbqallstar

bbqallstar New Member

This was a good read... thanks Minix Team.(y)
    sangaz likes this.
  19. MINIX - Ken

May God bless those vendors will not be attacked.
    Menorca Man likes this.
  20. MINIX - Ken

I shall consider taking this down only if we receive an official explanation and apology from Wetek.
    Menorca Man likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.