1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Will the X6 be any good.

Discussion in 'NEO X6' started by ricky35, Jan 28, 2018.

1. ricky35

ricky35 New Member

Hi, I was looking for a cheap Minix box, I just need to use for browsing, shopping, Amazon etc and to play mp4 1080p video, mp3 music files from a flash drive, not high bit rate.

Maybe stream video from flash drive plugged into my router. I can do all these from my cheap Huawei mediapad t3 7 tablet but want a big screen view using a wireless mouse.

I see a lot of negative views on here about it and saw one youtube review saying it struggled with 1080p video playback, do you think this old box will be ok for my needs, thanks.

2. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

The X6 has been out for several years and one I've never used so I can't really comment on the performance !
    Not sure how much it's going to run you but I would probably spring for something a little newer :)
    This might make it more versatile however ...
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/x6-lollipop-beta-firmware-july-2017.17181/

Villa likes this.
  3. ricky35

ricky35 New Member

Thanks for reply, it's £59 on Amazon but the better one's start around £100. I think the lollipop beta firmware has been abandoned by Minix.

4. artouiros

artouiros Member

I'd suggest you to buy something newer.. search on aliexpress or gearbest, if you buy from amazon - price is much more expensive. X costs around 50# on aliexpress now. better get xiaomi mi box for 70$ from aliexpress.

5. ricky35

ricky35 New Member

Sorry for delay in replying, I was looking at a beelink GS1 but it gets mixed reviews, I will check out the one's you recommend

I live in the UK so finding suppliers can be difficult, thanks for reply.

6. artouiros

artouiros Member

are you kidding? you jsut order it on the net. whoel world are ordering from china and recieving items by post

7. owen420

owen420 New Member

its like a 5 year old android box so not sure what your expecting... theres like dozens of better options for lower value... this box has been EOL for years.