1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Will the X8, X8 Plus or X8-H get Lollipop

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H, X8 Plus & X8' started by Gh0st, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Harry S

Harry S Member

Consumers who always need to upgrade at the end of their two year contract to the latest and greatest shiny new model are exactly those who have at the end of the month nothing more then 20$ in their pockets. :p
  2. Marty

Marty Active Member

Unless you live in Switzerland :cool:
  3. Harry S

Harry S Member

Especially in schwiizerland - a blending country where the royalties (Gemeinden und Staat) rip
    off the last money from you. Now i stick out the middle finger to them as i live abroad far
    cheaper, and with more living quality!
  4. psto

psto New Member

Best as a locust every half year to buy new old to the trash. bravo
  5. tobenary

tobenary Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2017
    kingsizept likes this.
  6. Paal Gjelseth

Paal Gjelseth New Member

Hello. Im trying to uppdate my minix from 4.4.2 to lollipop or later but cant find any firmware.
    Put in the latest 009 (build nr 20160328). Is it possible to uppgrade to 5.1 or higher or do I have to by a new tv box.
  7. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

8. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

As explained before, officially Amlogic didn't release SDK for the X8 series processors.

We've got the last SDK for X8-H PLUS processor, and we made firmware based on that.

Next, we are porting it to NEO X6, and if it came out to be successful,

then we shall try the same on X8 series, please note.
    Wiesenmedia, midnight and Villa like this.
  9. giac

giac New Member

Good luck!
    I hope you are successful as I would hate to buy a different box to replace my NEO X8-H.
    Could you give us some idea on timescales? Are we talking days, weeks, months?
    Thanks
  10. Menorca Man

Menorca Man Active Member Trusted Helper

No doubt we would all like to know but you shouldn't be asking for a forecast! It's against the Forum Rules and any such posts are likely to be deleted by an Administrator/Moderator - http://www.minixforum.com/threads/forum-rules.47/
  11. giac

giac New Member

SpeedyGonsales and Menorca Man like this.
  12. solidmeister

solidmeister New Member

13. VanDammage87

VanDammage87 New Member

Installed MyGica Media Center and everything works except for the main part which is playing videos smoothly.

Every video judders every couple of seconds and the picture is washed out. Comparing the picture quality to SPMC is night and day.
  14. Vidman

Vidman Member

Just to confirm are you saying it's possible my Minix x8-h could possibly get an official update to lollipop?
    Atm I very tempted to flash this probox2 firmware but willing to wait a few more months if something official is in the works.
    Atm the box is useless to me on the current firmware because of the audio drop outs and the 2 main apps I use are no longer compatible below lollipop (emby and Kodi)
  15. willieaames

willieaames New Member

Im also trying to upgrade my minix to lollipop so i would be able to upgrade to Kodi 17. And i want to used latest kodi addons. Has anyone attempted this?
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  16. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

17. William Perez

William Perez New Member

I recently upgraded my Minix to the probox2-x + and works great. Unreal that Minix couldn't give us an upgrade but a firmware from another companies works just great. Gave new life to my Minix

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
  18. raul72

raul72 New Member

Minix Neo X8 Plus, is it possible to upgrade to lollipop ?, thanks
  19. mark2

mark2 Active Member

20. raul72

raul72 New Member

Ok, thanks