1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Windows 10 Creators update

Discussion in 'NEO Z83-4' started by amcohen, Apr 8, 2017.

1. amcohen

amcohen New Member

Windows Update Assistant fails with error 0xC1900200
    I think the problem is that there must be at least 20GB free on C drive -- I have about 15GB free.
    Also Media Creation Tool created USB flash drive says that not enough space in System Reserved partition. Mine is 64MB, and I think I need to expand to 450MB.,
  2. polaraditia

polaraditia New Member

Are you fail to create bootable USB flash drive using Media Creation Tool on minix?
    I don't try to create bootable USB flash drive directly from Media Creation Tool.
    I've just created ISO using Media Creation Tool successfully on Minix itself, and I usually make bootable USB flash drive from ISO (Windows, Linux) using Rufus.
  3. amcohen

amcohen New Member

Media Creation Tool successfully made the flash drive. First I booted from that flash drive, but I got some kind of error that windows cannot be updated that way. So then I booted normally from C drive, and ran the setup application from that USB flash drive. That's when I got the error saying my system reserved partition was not big enough. I think I'll wait until April 11 to try the normal way -- or I can use either the EASEUS partition tool, partition wizard, AOMEI, Minitool, etc. to expand System partition.
  4. CptDobey

CptDobey Member

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  5. amcohen

amcohen New Member

No, I only tried a freshly formatted 8GB NTFS USB flash drive. Should I buy a 32 or 64gb drive?
  6. CptDobey

CptDobey Member

I'm not sure it will function as I did not tried it already. But if the upgrade is not possible with about 15 GB free, it is making sense it won't work with just 8 GB.

If you can borrow an USB drive to someone, you can give it a try. And read the article I posted from the MS site, it does include some advice:
  7. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

It is the internal memory that has to be freed up. A larger USB flash drive will not help!
    The USB flash drive purely holds the installation media!
    Although, if one is using the Media Creation Tool, this means you are reinstalling Windows.
  8. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

CptDobey likes this.
  9. Villa

Which bit isn't true?
    If he is now using the Media Creation Tool, then he is performing a new install of Windows and the amount of memory is irrelevant, surely?

I was meaning a larger USB flash drive for the Media Creation Tool to write the Windows installation to would not be a benefit!
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  10. Villa

Having reread through this thread I'm now not totally sure what the OP was trying to achieve in the first post?!

Edit:
    I understand the thread title now.
    I wasn't aware of this new Windows update!
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/features
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  11. Sprague

Sprague New Member

Same problem ,Windows Update Assistant fails with error Oxc1900200 .
  12. Villa

Here...
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...c1900200/ae5f78f0-2f38-4474-8eaa-2b5f4d0c479f
    ...it says this!
    • If you have any external devices attached to the machine, disconnect them (example, gaming controllers, USB keys, external hard disk, printers, non-essential devices).
    The thing is, does non-essential devices mean an essential SD card or HDD should be left connected?
  13. Villa

Have you tried with extra storage attached?
  14. Villa

15. CptDobey

CptDobey Member

This site seems fishy to me. There is no real explanation about the issue nor a way to fix it. All it suggest is to download a (miracle) tool that (is supposed to) fix the issue.
    In Chrome, while opening that url, I just get generic garbage with containers. Really, really suspicious.

Out of the box, with nothing installed by the user, there are about 15GB of free space on the Z83-4 internal drive. It will be difficult to gain any significant space (Edit: see below)

Is it possible a Minix Official to provide us a tested way to install the W10 Creator Update successfully?

By the way, there is a Microsoft tool, included in W10, to clean garbage files, previous install, temporary patch files... Just hit the Widows key and type "disk cleanup".

Edit: the article on PC World does indeed describe a way to gain some space on a fresh W10 install: compress the OS files. The way to achieve this is provided at the bottom of the article. I did not tried it yet.
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  16. Villa

Yeah, I searched and most solutions looked fishy, at least the downloadable tools anyway! :eek:
    This seemed the most plausible of the few I skimmed over. I certainly would steer clear of the "miracle" tools! :confused:
  17. tomturbo

tomturbo New Member

Creators update without any troubles. Free diskspace 10 gig.
    No problem with the windows updatemanger from MS.
  18. Sprague

Sprague New Member

Still coming up with Update Assistant fails with error Oxc1900200 .Tried extra storage and some of the other suggestions. Next is fresh install I guess.
    Z83-4 is three weeks old, my Z64 update to Creators went smooth no problems.
  19. CptDobey

CptDobey Member

Rayways likes this.
  20. M_Six

M_Six New Member

Is there any way to block this update? I see no reason to update as it does nothing for me. My system does what it needs to do now, so I don't want to mess it up. I've set updates to run manually, but sometimes MS hides updates like these with generic titles like "Monthly Rollup" or some such thing. I don't want to avoid all updates just so I don't get this Creators update.