1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Windows 10 Creators update

Discussion in 'NEO Z83-4' started by amcohen, Apr 8, 2017.

1. WWHK

WWHK New Member

Dobey, done!! Cleared up that big chunk, but still got around 8Gb left on C:
  2. CptDobey

CptDobey Member

Did you run the cleaning tool as an admin ?
    Did you check the check-boxes of the various stuff to remove ?
    It can take a long time to clean...at least longer than the time needed for you to read my post, do it on your Minix and write your response ;)
  3. WWHK

WWHK New Member

Did it yesterday, using Disk Cleanup. It did take something like twenty minutes.
  4. CptDobey

CptDobey Member

After a W10 CU clean install, without other download or installations you should have about 15 GB free (out of 30 GB).
    Check the size of the various directories present in C:\. You will easily determine where the GB are gone.
  5. WWHK

WWHK New Member

I've got Office 2016 Pro on C:, so it created some users folders for various Office peripherals. But all working files are saved to external HD.
  6. CptDobey

CptDobey Member

So, out of the 7 "missing" GB, about 3 to 4 of them are occupied by Office 2016 (that the size I found while googling). Keep looking for ;)
  7. WWHK

WWHK New Member

Other than Office 2016, I've got some other softwares and a couple of other utilities programmes which I need and these have to be installed on C:. That's about it.
  8. WWHK

WWHK New Member

Since Creators Update, my machine has been behaving with no mishaps at all...not even seeing the suddenly disappearing SD card issue! Very fast cold start and both wifi and Bluetooth are connecting fast and steady! Hope all you guys with the update are seeing similar results.
  9. ElvisG

ElvisG New Member