1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 10 power management issue on z83-4

Discussion in 'NEO Z83-4' started by Aristothenes, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Aristothenes

Aristothenes New Member

My Z83-4 is running the Creator version of windows 10. It has a Samsung EVO 64Gb sdcard, a Minix K1 in the first USB2 port. Because I am completely hopeless with the K1 touchpad, I have a wireless mouse in the 2nd USB2 port.

When I put the computer to sleep using the mouse and windows power button, when I put the mouse down, the computer immediately comes out of sleep.

In device manager, I have located the Hid compliant mouse devices and on the power management tab unticked the property: "Allow this device to wake the computer".

The property seems not to be supported?

Any help greatly appreciated as the only way I can successfully power down the computer is to shutdown windows which means I then have to manually power on the computer which is akward due to its location.

2. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

"when I put the mouse down" ?
    Doesn't one usually leave the mouse in last used position?
    What type of mouse are you using?

3. Aristothenes

Aristothenes New Member

Actually, not when the mouse is on the armrest of an armchair, one doesn't. One does however need to put the mouse in a safe place before leaving the armchair, would you not agree? The mouse is a TeckNet M006 wireless mouse and works fine with both the Neo U1 and the Z83-4

I've found that a workaround is to put the mouse away and then type Win+r,u,s from the K1.
    Regards

Villa likes this.
  4. Cliff

Cliff New Member

My wireless mouse* has a small power switch on its underbelly.

After selecting "Sleep" I switch the mouse off before laying it to rest.

* Jelly Comb - fantastically long life on 1 AA cell

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    Villa likes this.