1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 8.1 device drivers

Discussion in 'NEO Z64 Windows 10/8.1' started by MINIX - Ken, Mar 11, 2015.

1. kmarryat

kmarryat New Member

The third link for the SND driver is no longer working. Any idea where the current driver can be found?

2. OTA

OTA New Member

3. marektyc

marektyc New Member

Any luck with the comport???

4. Przemyslaw

Przemyslaw New Member

anyone has a copy / backup of minix drivers ? minix page is dead...

5. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

Looks like the MINIX website is currently down!
    http://minix.com.hk

6. WeedWhackerDood

WeedWhackerDood New Member

i received an email from Minix support that they know it is down but wont be fixed until after 28Feb18 due to the Chinese New Year being in effect. I will advise if i hear back from them.

Link is back in operation, saving the drivers for later use if they work! Thanks to who ever fixed the link!

Drivers worked, and i have sound from my WINDOWS 10, Minix Z64A, on my big screen TV!!! I want to jump for joy! Thank you all for helping me to get to this point!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  7. rollingrock

rollingrock Member

Dear Minix,

How, where can I download the driver package for my Minix Z64.

Had to reinstall windows and now SD card not working, sound device drivers are not installed, and Intel display adapter HD graphics is not installed.

The link in post 1 is NOT WORKING.

Please can you fix/restore the link in post 1 with the old drivers to get the minix z64 basically working again.

Thanks.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  8. allenkllow

allenkllow New Member

Please fix the driver download link and this link already down for few weeks....i need the fix the driver issue for this stupid minix z64 device!!

9. skynet

skynet Moderator Moderator

@MINIX - John : Can you restore the link for the driver ?

If it can help i can mirror the full Win8.1 image tomorrow.

10. rollingrock

rollingrock Member

Hello Minix,

Anybody there????

Drivers please, it's been many days now and no repair of the minix Z64W drivers link.

or have you abandoned this device like the X7 and X8h

11. allenkllow

allenkllow New Member

Minix really sucks...no android update and don't provide drivers...selling the shit device with damn high price!

12. rollingrock

rollingrock Member

Android
    Yeah, android really sucks, never updated, does not open and and play some embedded streaming vids (aljazeera and France 24 for eg) on the web, spammy adverts and sudden popups infesting and obstructing online browsing everywhere etc..., devices hanging for no reason at all and requires unplug/plug the device to get it working again, every update of an app breaks functionalty of things which were working in older versions. In windows everything just works, updates are forthcoming without any problems. I've stopped using android devices, the functionality and experience is terrible and got too much.

Windows drivers
    For windows drivers for the Z64, it seems like Minix are not going to restore their link so the support is dead, well done minix.

I eventually found drivers on intel web site for their Z3735F compute stick which work on the minix z64.

13. allenkllow

allenkllow New Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2018
  14. Lorein Watson

Lorein Watson New Member

Uninstall the installed drivers are try installing the latest one from the manufacturer website or from the Microsoft official website. Also check for the latest drivers update and try updating the device drivers.

15. rollingrock

rollingrock Member

When installing windows from scratch there are some drivers missing for GFX, sound and SD card, these were available from minix in the post number 1 link which is not working. Once those drivers were installed then the device drivers for those hardware functions could work.

As you suggest download drivers from manufacturer website:
    • Unfortunately from Minix website and Minix forum - Not available on the Minix website and one has to revert to a support forum website where the link is unavailable/not working (For info. on my 2014 biostar M/B the drivers are always available from Biostar website as they have always been without any problem.)
    • The drivers are sure not available for individual download from Microsoft.

Luckily we can now find the drivers from the Intel website for their PC stick which work and thanks to allenkllow post above who has graciously provided an alternative link for the drivers from another 3rd party website.

But the important fact remains that MINIX have not supported the link for their driver package for their device.

16. rollingrock

rollingrock Member

Thanks, dowloaded and it works.