1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Windows ver.1803 (April 2018 feature update)

Discussion in 'NEO Z83-4' started by minics, Jun 5, 2018.

1. minics

minics New Member

I am on Windows 10 ver.1709 ('Creators Update') and it is working fine on my Z83-4.
    But a new "feature update" to ver.1803 has been released by Microsoft. It's also called 'April 2018 Update'.
    Just curious if anyone has attempted to install this version via Windows Update.

2. skynet

skynet Moderator Moderator

3. minics

minics New Member

@skynet Thanks for the link, I didn't see it before posting, my bad.
    I would however share here the good news: As from this morning I am on version 1803!
    It all happened last night. Before shutting down my Z83-4, I had another look at Settings/Update and noticed that the installation of 1803 via Windows Update had already begun. I let it go on, and went to bed. Don't know how long it took, how many times it rebooted, but in the morning I just logged in the new version 1803, hurrah! Moreover, in Settings/Update, a "cumulative update to 1803" was already there and pending restart. Since the remaing free space was just abt. 3GB, first I got rid of Windows.old folder (15.6GB!) with Disk Cleanup. And now, even after the "cumulative update" to the "feature update" got installed, I still enjoy 11 GB free space.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MINIX - Martin, Villa and skynet like this.
  4. skynet

(y)

No sound issue ?

5. minics

minics New Member

Sound and WiFi working like a charm in Windows 10 ver.1803 on my Z83-4

[​IMG]

Villa and skynet like this.
  6. skynet

Thanks for reporting ;)