1. Official MINIX forum

Wish list for August firmware

Discussion in 'NEO Z64A Official Firmware Releases' started by MINIX - Ken, Jul 30, 2015.

1. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

I think Kodi supports it only when the machine has root access.
    Our official firmware is not pre-rooted.
  2. MINIX - Ken

e.g. proper utilizing the hardware video decoder?
  3. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Member

Ah ok. That's defintely a plus.
  4. alexds9

alexds9 New Member

1) Is it possible to turn on the device with IR remote, not just from a sleep mode, but from a complete shutdown state? Many much cheaper Android TVs support this feature...
    2) Many times when I turn on the device it gets stuck on the first screen: "American Megatrends", can you fix it please?
    3) A few times my device just rebooted itself in the middle of playing video in YouTube and Kodi, if you fix this one, it would be great.
    Thanks!
  5. ConorT1

ConorT1 New Member

Should have a solution for the skygo app (does not support miracast) its not good that I can use this app on nearly every mobile android device I have had but not on the newest addition of the minix
  6. joo

joo New Member

What android version are you planning? 5.x ? I have some apps that required lollipop to work.
  7. Dayton

Dayton New Member

Include support for Android TV
  8. Syarrr

Syarrr New Member

Hi ken. Will the minix kodi edition overwrite the offical version after the firmware update?

One more question. How do we know if the official version is not compatible on our z64a? Buffering issues? Video stutering issues? At least people here will know if they need to change to the minix edition if they having the problems.
  9. Nicezia

Nicezia New Member

I'd like to see an included app that allowss you to use another android device (android phone or tablet) connected to bluetooth to act as a remote/keyboard considering the remote that comes packaged is almost as good as having none. For me it only catches about every 4th keypress. I want to buy the A2 Lite but funds are tight. However using my phone until funds become available would be super sweet.
  10. seeke

seeke Member

11. Syarrr

Syarrr New Member

Hi Ken,
    it's september now. pls kindly advise us when will the new firmware update kick off?
    onebyside likes this.
  12. kao

kao New Member

@Nicezia : in addition to apps suggested by seeke, I can wholeheartedly recommend Twinone TV Remote (grrrr, can't post url because of forum restrictions) - out of all apps I tried this one worked best for me.
  13. Nicezia

Nicezia New Member

Thanks for the suggestions they would be well and good if my phone had an IR transmitter, but unfortunately finding a phone with an IR transmitter is either obscure or way out of my financial range of what's sane (I believe paying more than $125 dollars for a phone is insane, as well as signing up for a 2 year contract that I may or might not be able to afford at any given time.). Which is why i'd rather a bluetooth solution since all my devices from the least expensive to the most expensive support bluetooth.
  14. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Have you tried the Google TV Remote app from Minix - http://www.minix.com.hk/Apps.htm?
  15. Nicezia

Nicezia New Member

It doesn't work with z64 because it does not identify itself as a GoogleTV device.

if it did this would be a great solution. That's just what i need. But then again this may not be a good solution for everyone, as neworks are not the same on al android devices, some networks may block theose protocols.. Bluetooth is sstill a more global solution. Though i personally would deal with the z64 identifying itself on my network as a Google TV device.
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  16. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

ah, my bad, I spend that long in the x8 forums, I sometimes forget where I am :oops:
    Villa likes this.
  17. Nicezia

Nicezia New Member

x8 is my next device :) just wanted to get the z64 first because i love the possibilities of it, once i get my x8 I'm converting my z64 to Windows and running it as my office PC. Might even look into installing Linux Mint as the OS. Really wish z64 had a 64-bit bios for PC rather than a 32-bit though. I don't understand why it doesn't. But that's a discussion for another thread.
  18. MINIX - Ken

sorry about the delay guys, as we are having an exhibition in Germany now, we shall release the update as soon as we are back to HK. thanks!!
  19. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

Don't know what you mean?! ;)
  20. Nicezia

Nicezia New Member

one more thing I'd like to see.. being able to mount samba drives without having to root. I'd like to have every app on my z64 be able to access my samba shares and almost no apps support samba browsing. As it is I have to use Kodi or ES Explorer to copy files to the z64 before utilizing them. I'd like to be able to launch my documents in place.
    onebyside likes this.