1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Would you recommend NT-1 for video chat and casual music

Discussion in 'NT-1 & NT-II' started by Yordan Konov, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Yordan Konov

Yordan Konov Member

Seen only few reviews and was wondering if any one here is happy with the performance particularly for videoconferencing, and only rarely music (no high expectation on music quality). Well be used mainly with S5 and Minix.
    Or what other headset in the same price bracket would you recommend?

Asking because my 6 year old BlueAnt x5 finally gave the spirit away :(
  2. Yordan Konov

Yordan Konov Member

I take it nobody uses that headset.
  3. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

The NT-1 is a verry good headphone has verry good sound.
    Also the bluetooth range is exeptional..
    Yordan Konov likes this.
  4. lardybarstow

lardybarstow Member

Had mine a month very happy can link to my phone, if I get a call its answers my phone and when all done back to the minix, use it at night as to not wake the family, listen to spotify all the time well worth the money and I saw they have come down in white to under 40 bucks on dx. I can recomend.
    Yordan Konov likes this.
  5. Yordan Konov

Yordan Konov Member

Thank you guys.
    So I definitely can tell Santa to put it on my list :)
  6. lardybarstow

lardybarstow Member

Yeah great value, decent sound, good base, links quickly absolutely.
    Yordan Konov likes this.
  7. RX-187

RX-187 New Member

The NT-1's are just great IMO, I've owned them for about 8 or so months now with daily usage and for the price they sound awesome, pair to both my phone (Lumia 920) and X8H with no problems at the same time.

Sound quality is actually quite amazing, I wasn't expecting this level of sound quality from these, the bass is great, and the volume is super loud (where with other speakers/headphones/headsets I have the volume at 100%, with the NT-1's its at 50% - and no distortion in the sound at the higher volumes - I cannot go to 100% on my phone, it is just too loud). Watching movies and such through the X8H it feels like a theatre experience with sound filling your head and rich bass thumping away.

I've used them in about -15c outside while walking my dog, and they stood up just fine, and work really well as ear warmers as well.

I also use them at the gym and on long runs, not an issue so far, and pretty comfortable too. Battery life is actually quite good (I can get a few days out of a single charge with my usage level(day = 1hr dog walk, 1hr gym session, 2-3hrs at home watching tv/media) and the recharge time is super fast).

I'll just say I wasn't expecting this sound quality, battery life, and performance at this price point.

Build materials are of a cheaper variety (at least to the feel), but the unit has held up great over the 8+ months I've been using them for (includes been thrown in my gym bag daily, sweat on, used in cold, and such). There was one time (it actually happened last week lol) they fell from my head to the concrete ground with force while I was running with my dog (my fault for the way I had them on, and I pushed them off my head with my arm as I was adjusting something), the right ear cushion came off, but you just have to clip it back in and its perfect, nothing broken, or loose, even the clips that separated didn't break, and when I wipe it down it still looks brand new.

I haven't used it much for calls to comment on that aspect, only a little, and so far it has been fine, no problem (the higher volume compared to other headsets is great).

In conclusion, as you can tell, I am extremely happy with these headphones, and do plan to buy quite a few more of them for other members of the family (especially ones that like to play things loud late at night - me included).

I signed up to these forums just to write this post, because I am so happy with the Minix NT-1's.
    MINIX - Ken and Yordan Konov like this.
  8. Yordan Konov

Yordan Konov Member

Thank you guys. I did see some reviews but they didn't sound convincing 100 percent.
    Appreciate the real world experience a lot :)
  9. Yordan Konov

Yordan Konov Member

Ok, got it ordered today :)
  10. Yordan Konov

Yordan Konov Member

Already here !!!
    So far so good.
    Good call quality and surprisingly deep bass in music.
    Well se how long it lasts on one charge after few cycles.
    Just one question:
    I saw there is battery level in IOS but not in Android.
    Is this Android limitation?
    Is there way to see approximate battery level ?
  11. Yordan Konov

Yordan Konov Member

One more question. My unit came without instructions, the box was open.
    I am keeping it as it is really comfortable and works ok.
    It paired ok with my NFS phone, but can't get it in pairing mode to pair with my X8-H.
  12. lardybarstow

lardybarstow Member

If you click on the bluetooth under settings on the right hand side there is a picture of a slider control thats the settings for bluetooth I have both phone audio and media audio ticked in the box hope that helps.
  13. Yordan Konov

Yordan Konov Member

The thing is the X8-H doesn't even see the NT-1. And so didn't the S5 until I enabled the NFC.
    Also on my old Bluetooth there were beep codes for battery level and button press combinations.
    That's why I need the manual to check what's in it.
    If anyone has it would you be so kind to take pictures and upload it please?
  14. lardybarstow

lardybarstow Member

I will try and locate the instructions for mine not sure if I kept them....I was on ethernet and had removed the wifi antenna which you must in as it makes a difference to the bluetooth signal.
  15. Yordan Konov

Yordan Konov Member

Lardybarstow I figured out the pairing - the standard switch on while holding volume up.

All in all I am happy with it , apart from an issues with microphone being waaay to sensitive in voice chat apps - Skype, Hangouts, Facebook messenger, to the point I have to ensure complete silence . If not the people on the other side complain from the extreme background noise. That's something I never had with other Bluetooth headsets.
    Any suggestions about microphone volume control?
    Firmware also is not upgradable or Minix haven't put info about it.
  16. Yordan Konov

Yordan Konov Member

If you can find the instructions would be great.

I
  17. Yordan Konov

Yordan Konov Member

I am retiring this headset for music only. Calls are unbearable if room is not completely quiet.