1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Official Release X5 Kitkat 250 ( february 8th 2016 )

Discussion in 'NEO X5 Official Firmware Releases' started by gufone, Feb 8, 2016.

1. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

Incorrect !..... other models didn't and won't receive the upgrade to Lollipop. Reasons vary depending on the model but mostly because of the chip manufactures lack of support ! :(
    Higgs likes this.
  2. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

None of the rockchip models, X5, X5 Mini, X7, X7 Mini have been upgraded to 5.1. Nor have there been any official upgrades to 5.1 for Z64A, X6, X8, X8Plus, X8-H.
    In fact only the X8-H Plus has received an upgrade to 5.1 and this is still a beta firmware (with seemingly quite a few issues/bugs, due to the sdk)
    midnight likes this.
  3. Franko14

Franko14 New Member

Only this two models every thing has version 5.1 lollipop way can they upgrade this models neo x5 end neo x7 they are very old box ?
  4. midnight

???
    Villa likes this.
  5. Franko14

Franko14 New Member

Neo x5 end x7 the are very old box the don't to upgrade to lollipop I don't no waythe don't upgrade we shud by new box
  6. midnight

In the ever fast moving Android world yes, they would be considered old !... yes, time to upgrade. The U1 or the U9-H or if you like windows the Z83-4 would be some to investigate and see which one appeals to you and your needs ! :)
  7. Klaas

Klaas New Member

I'm a huge noob here. I never flashed/booted of whatever.
    I know that my old Neo X5 needs new software on it to keep up.
    This is what i need to do, but how? Is there someone with a tutorial or something?
  8. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

9. Hilal

Hilal New Member

sorry for asking a repeated question but i have tried all possible ways and different laptops my neo x5 keeps stuck on Minix screen i flash the image using restore button im getting the attached screen my neo x5 will not reboot by it self i wait for around 40 min then i unplug the power cord to reboot the device and i got stuck on Minix screen the only working firmware is 4.0.4 and i have two minix x5 devices that are unusable now due to the upgrade can any one help me out just to add when i flash the image the connected device turn into pink color and it show a mass storage device on my laptop

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018