1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Official Release X5mini Kitkat 230 ( 23 march 2015 )

Discussion in 'NEO X5 mini Official Firmware Releases' started by KAR, Mar 23, 2015.

1. ToddF

ToddF New Member

Semi-noob here but my feet have been wet a while. I seem to not be able to turn on location services. Is that something that gets left out to increase performance, or something to do with the MAC fix? I need a stable (unrooted) rom that has a functioning location service to remotely update my apps. Thank You.
    Last edited: May 8, 2015
  2. demetris

demetris New Member

If you still need testers am in.
  3. klauzer

klauzer New Member

The version before this latest.
  4. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

5. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

firmware 240 is delayed due to more fixes that needs to be tested.
    We will let you guys know when its ready
    Dan1234567890 likes this.
  6. KingKong

KingKong Member

Ive noticed with this fw. On several boxes ive loaded the ethernet has been playing up. Not working. But with wifi on at the same time it springs back to life??? Anyone else get this? Dodgy ethernet on new Firmware?

Thanks in advance!
  7. HardwareGuru

you are the first of 10k users that report this and we can not duplicate this issue.
  8. KingKong

KingKong Member

Weird. I flashed 5 minis with the latest rom and 2 outa the 5 the ethernet was on but not connecting. But if i flipped the wifi on as well it worked. FAct! Im not making it up.

Flashed first the new fw. Then the 1080p fix then root.
  9. KingKong

KingKong Member

See this ***Kitkat CE - 1080p update (only for x5 series)

Do i actually need that on my mini???

Because just right now after installing it a 3rd box has had the internet not work via ethernet.

SO its this which is causing the problem.
  10. KAR

KAR Developer Super Moderator

only if you want 1080...

KAR
  11. KingKong

KingKong Member

OK cheers!! Ill be avoiding this in the future then. Once its flashed. I take only a fresh fw flash will rid it from a box yes !?
  12. HardwareGuru

Next firmware release will probably have full HD 1080p ( new method ), where all issues are solved regarding screen scale etc..
    It will be pushed through OTA when ready.
    demetris and KAR like this.
  13. kingluc

kingluc New Member

Hi, I'm a noob to this, how do I update my X5 Mini to this latest 4.4.2? And then do I also need to install one of the KitKat CE updates, and if so, which one?

Thanks