1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Official Release X5mini Kitkat 250 ( february 8th 2016 )

Discussion in 'NEO X5 mini Official Firmware Releases' started by gufone, Feb 8, 2016.

1. gufone I have kitkat 2.4.0. installed.
    Zilch likes this.
  2. Loni

Loni New Member

Anybody willing to help an old lady out?

I have an X5 (NOT a mini). Flashed when first received, but not after. The unit still powers on, but no video. I had purchased one as a gift for a friend shortly after. He stopped using it, and offered it back to me. I took it when this one failed. His is flashed to 4.2.2. Netflix eternal loading. Xfinity TV Go (a different friend's account - he uses my Netflix, I use his Xfinity) plays off-color commercials (blue faces), and just reloads the same set of commercials - over and over and over - never plays content. Streaming downloaded content over local network works fine. Issues persist even under XMBC.

If anyone has suggestions for the original no video one - AWESOME! Fire away!

If anyone would be so kind as to walk this old lady through EXACTLY what I need to do, step-by-step on the other one, I'd be ever so grateful! I am in poor health, mind just isn't wrapping around exactly what I need to do from this unit's current state, and how. Honestly not being lazy. Used to proudly call myself a geekette, but shadow of my former self. Read all the posts, just so ill (and can't afford cable), that I'm reaching out for help. Anyone? Thanks for reading...
    Zilch likes this.
  3. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Since you took the time to state that you don't have a X5 Mini, why would you post on the X5 Mini section.
    You should post in the X5 section.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    Zilch likes this.
  4. Loni

Loni New Member

Sorry, and thank you. Google search led me here. Didn't even cross my feable mind.
  5. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

Any people here wanting to test a new kodi 16 with passtrough?
    We are doing beta tests now.
  6. can it be installed beside old kodi?
  7. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

8. sergisat

sergisat New Member

Thanks for this new release.

My old minix is working like a charm!!!!
  9. andymnc

andymnc New Member

guys, updated with the .img that i found into the .rar file, using the rockchip pc tool.
    After that it works flowlessly but.. the minix home screen (launcher) is not working anymore (only the standard home is still working).
    any advice?
    Last edited: May 5, 2016
  10. Zilch

Zilch New Member

Anyway to support android remote? Now or in the future? Thks
  11. Wilian Frare

Wilian Frare New Member

HI all,

I already update my device to KitKat 250 however i have some issues.
    I was testing my aplicataion and them service was killed by excess memory and Android did not restart it.

Can anyone help?

thanks
  12. Arnie_boogs

Arnie_boogs New Member

Help needed. How long does OTA upgrade take? Im not sure if my x5 mini did that.. and now it's been a while and it's still in the Minix logo. I want to hard reset it but i dont know how. There no ports or reset button i can use.

Pardon my ignorance.. bew here and new Minix user. And not so techy either. Thanks!
  13. NUT_HNX

NUT_HNX New Member

I updated over OTA, it's ok but google play cannot start, all is blank screen, anyone has solution please?
  14. lvt

lvt New Member

Could somebody help me with this room. It sucks. I update to this and it return "download firmware error". I tried again and again this task and also downgrade to older version but no lucky .
    I read this " WARNING!! WARNING!! WARNING!! NOT EASY TO GO BACK TO 4.2!!
    (You need to use RK flashtool, do not try to flash it like an OTA update.zip !) "

How can i do it ?
  15. hostet

hostet New Member

Hi,

I have just updated my X5 Mini to Kitkat 250. Have been trying to get the below apps to work without success .

The apps is TVBOX9B & MKTV which can be found in the Live TV group of Newtvbox in Facebook. Sorry I am unable to post link.

This is a Live TV apps that stream programs. TVBOX9B and MKTV either force closed itself in hardware / Software decode or is always buffering. The apps used to work nicely in 4.2.2.

Here is the link to the 2 apps

goo.gl/RkKjTW
    goo.gl/cDzdfa

For your information, I have tried all configuration of the HLS without success. The only rom that works is Neomode Custom Rom Minix X5 mini Android 4.4. However this rom does not support wifi or remote control. Thanks you. and sorry for the trouble.
  16. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

I do not have an X5 mini but when I have a moment I will test the apps with my X7 and FW250.

I have tested these apps with my U1 and they appear to function well, so I know what I am looking for and that my network does not affect the apps.
  17. hostet

hostet New Member

Hi Vills,

Thank you for testing it out. I sincerely appreciate your help.

I'm only seeing problems with Kikat. I have downgrade the rom to 4.2.2 and the apps is working fine. Hence I'm sure something is broken in Kitkat.
  18. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

I have tried the apps with my X7 FW250, and can only confirm the same issues!

All I can suggest is as you have gone back to JellyBean that you stay with it. Do you want KitKat for any reason?
    hostet likes this.
  19. hostet

hostet New Member

Hi Villa,

Once again, thank you for your verification. I have tried both Jellybean and Kitkat on X5 Mini. The box run a lot better on Kitkat. The UL is so much smoother with little lag and apps like Kodi, YouTube etc work better too. Most important, the stability of Kitkat is so much better.
  20. karlp

karlp New Member

Hi, Could you please provide a link to your kernel source tree? I'm trying to use my minix x5 mini with non-android.