1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Official Release X5mini Kitkat 250 ( february 8th 2016 )

Discussion in 'NEO X5 mini Official Firmware Releases' started by gufone, Feb 8, 2016.

1. WhipCracker

WhipCracker New Member

Hey mate,

Have you tried on one device only or on all devices you own?

Have you tried with a replacement battery, just in case?
  2. nimish Shewaramani

nimish Shewaramani New Member

Hello Admin (HardwareGuru) request you to share the kitkat version firmware which is RTC supported. We have used Beta version of 4.4.2 in which date and time is being retain as it support the RTC. Only Problem in beta version is that it is not WiFi enable. So please provide us an OS (kitkat) which is having all options like WiFi ,Ethernet enable and should also support RTC.
  3. nimish Shewaramani

nimish Shewaramani New Member

Hello WhipCracker we have installed the Firmware in three different minix neox5 mini. In both date and time is not retaining the device in spite of the RTC battery installed. In beta version of kitkat OS date and time is retaining, but in beta version WiFi is not enabled. We can used device with WiFi option.

Answer to your second question of have we replacement battery?- No we havn't replace the battery in that three different minix NeoX5 mini.

Can we get an OS in which both wifi option and RTC is working properly?

Is lollipop OS available which can be installed in Minix neo X5 mini? We want to run HTML5 files in it and kitkat 4.4.2 OS don't support the HTML5 files. It would be nice if we get lollipop OS if available as we have more then 200 devices used for commercial purpose. Awaiting for your updates for existing issue being faced with current available solution.
  4. markman34

markman34 New Member

Hello guru,
    I'm downgrading this unit now. I have successfully replaced the bootloader to 4.2.2 now I'm searching for the 4.2.2 ROM. I thought I had it already but can't find it.
    Would you please direct me to the file I can use to complete my downgrade.
    thanks

Mark
  5. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator