1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

X6 002 firmware (20141115)

Discussion in 'Official Firmware Releases' started by MINIX - Ken, Nov 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. @MINIX - Ken Will the above be fixed. Also no ADB with X8 FW002... I am sure Minix know about this but it would be nice to have a YES/NO update please.
  2. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Use network ADB.
  3. MINIX - Ken

Use network ADB.
  4. MINIX - Ken

Use network ADB.
  5. Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith Member

Can you explain how to use Network ADB?
  6. lifeisfun

lifeisfun Member

7. Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith Member

8. I will give this a try. Never used Network ADB and after all I have no idea why USB ADB is not enabled. Hope it will get enabled in the next firmware updates. Thank you.

EDIT - This app needs ROOT and I don't want to root my box for various reasons!!!

What are my other options?

EDIT 2 - Sorry for the confusion but no APP is needed to use Network ADB, thus the link lifeisfun posted is more confusing.

All one needs to do is adb connect x.x.x.x

Thanks, finally I have adb access to the box!
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  9. lifeisfun

lifeisfun Member

I presume you are using LAN not WiFi
    App just makes it easier for folks.
  10. Yes I am using LAN but I think that LAN/WIFI will not make a difference for Network ADB. Also as you said, the app will enable to make things easier for this to work but it seems that Network ADB on port 5555 is enabled by default on the Minix stock FW. Thanks.
  11. MINIX - Ken

Because it's really basic and we didn't expect developer(s) wouldn't know about this mode...
    Put it in other words... how could we develop if we can't access to ADB? There must be a way and it's not magic... we need to develop too...
  12. MINIX - Ken

Yes, it's really that simple, no root access is required.
  13. @MINIX - Ken , again here, I prefer USB ADB. :) after all there are over a 1000 brands producing Android boxes and somehow I prefer MINIX for a reason, so I expect that USB ADB works on both x6 and x8 as it works on other shitty boxes which I don't want to mention here, so please it is appreciated to enable these features. :) thank you.
  14. MINIX - Ken

ADB is ADB, man.
    With or without is the only difference.
  15. Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith Member

ADB network is prone to disconnections with no warnings, So it is unreliable. It also takes 100 times longer than USB
  16. MINIX - Ken

For development purpose the debug port is on the board and it's the best.
  17. @MINIX - Ken. What we would like to hear from you is that USB ADB will be available in the next firmware update, rather than this battle which ADB is best, if USB or Network or whatever. I am disappointed to see why it is difficult for you to please us as your customers. If we like USB ADB I expect that USB ADB will be provided when possible without further discussions. I am not asking to send a rocket to the moon. We would be pleased to have USB ADB on X5, X6, X7, X8, etc. and the reason why we like it as @Joseph Smith mentioned to you above is because we code tens of boxes a week and ADB makes our job easier. Could you please come back to us with a positive solution. BDW...... X8 FW002A - No ADB, neither USB, nor Network.. Thank you.
  18. MINIX - Ken

1.) NEO X6, no USB ADB, because it's limited by the hardware;
    2.) I did not say network ADB is the best, however it's the only mode available for NEO X6. You guys kept saying it doesn't support ADB, I didn't want to reply in public because I didn't want to make you guys look stupid or feeling embarrassed for not knowing about network ADB and kept repeating the same simple question;
    3.) I am not here to please anybody, I am just trying to answer based on facts;
    4.) NEO X8 FW002A, any ADB modes are OK, we're using it everyday;
    5.) You should just code one box and make an image out of it then applying to the rests;
    HardwareGuru likes this.
  19. MINIX - Ken

New firmware will be uploaded and released tomorrow.
    Movie player, MX player and XBMC have been all tested to support H.256 files.

Stay tuned. :)
    HardwareGuru likes this.
  20. lifeisfun

lifeisfun Member

:D I'm tuned alright! Are we there yet ?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.