1. We are having national holidays from 1/10 to 8/10, please note.

X6 005 firmware (20150307) via MINIX FOTA

Discussion in 'Official Firmware Releases' started by MINIX - Ken, Mar 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

surely there will be updates but we need feedback from users first.
  2. cyran0

cyran0 New Member

FOTA ... Retrying for a trillium times to get this firmware...89%, been hours ... :(

May I suggest an auto-retry of some kind. That would save us from standing in front of the TV to select RETRY every 2 or 3 minutes or so.

Please, do something!

Just got the X6 (2 days ago) but cannot use it because of the SYSTEM UPDATE bad connection. Out of the box, I was expecting hardware HEVC from XBMC but no. Progress ... 90% ... getting there ...

[update] about 3 hours ago, service seems to be ok ... got 006 update fine, and fast, no retries this time
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
  3. X6User

X6User New Member

Hi Ken, there appears to be some issue on the FOTA side, can you check it out, trying to update a couple boxes (from 003 and 005) but FOTA connection is timing out with little or no progress, happened recently as I was updating a box and it went fine, then the next box FOTA failed constantly after that (around 12 hrs ago), progressively getting worse (slower download) each time I tried (till it eventually times out), till this morning where it doesn't download at all. Maybe a DDoS happening?

[update] 24hrs later, still no luck I get a few MB of download then it times out and wont continue no matter how many times I choose retry. Internet is working fine, just FOTA wont download.

[update] 48hrs later, started downloading the recent 006 image from the Minix forum, with windows estimated about 3hrs, noticed the download starting to speed up about 1/2 way through. On completion decided to recheck FOTA and it worked fine, its almost like the weekend is heavily hit with activity.
    Last edited: May 24, 2015
  4. i am still in the 1st stock firmware.. how can i update to this latest firmware? HELP
  5. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Follow the link in the first post
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.