1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

X6 006 firmware via MINIX FOTA (20150516)

Discussion in 'Official Firmware Releases' started by MINIX - Ken, May 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Why replying yourself with a different account with the same IP?
  2. w3n_m1ng

w3n_m1ng New Member

I didnt have another account on minix forum, i reply this with tapatalk, i'm use telkom isp dynamic ip. How can different person have same ip address with me?
    My minix preloaded with firmware 006, so i didnt know experience about another firmware. Before i buy minix, i request minix seller to update firmware, my internet connection slowly only upto 2mbps.

In my review minix x6 feels slower than moto g, but not slower than another firmware.
    Moto g have faster ram upto 1000MB/s
    so its feel faster..

I imagine next time minix launch with removable rom card

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  3. MINIX - Ken

I was not quoting you...
  4. w3n_m1ng

w3n_m1ng New Member

So who do u mean reply same ip?
  5. Anatoly_T

Anatoly_T New Member

Thanks for your reply, the issue is not with video playback and not with benchmarks. To reproduce just open few tabs with few medium sized sites in stock browser, or any other browser for that matter. And try to download a file at the same time. The system start acting slow and stay slow even after downloading is finished and browser is closed. Also task switch ia slow.
  6. Anatoly_T

Anatoly_T New Member

I thought we already resolved this issue with a moderator.
  7. MINIX - Ken

Multi-tasking is not a strength of Cortex A5 processor.
    Task management would be helpful.
    You could test by enabling developer options (by clicking 5 times on the Build Number) -> APPS -> Background process limit -> At most 4 processes (or less)
    We shall try what you have described but so far we have no evidence that the 006 firmware runs slower than before.
  8. Anatoly_T

Anatoly_T New Member

Thanks, I will try that
  9. MINIX - Ken

We shall keep looking into any possibilities of our firmware that might be causing problems.
    No findings so far.
  10. mua dib

mua dib New Member

I found this on freaktab:
    This is a full ROM and you can flash this over ANY other release!
    http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player...6-stock-rom-004-02-03-in-flashable-zip-format

Hope it helps.
  11. MINIX - Ken

Regarding the Filmon app, the loading time can be improved by a patch which ignores those useless info feeding from the app under the background.
    We shall release it along with the coming update, thanks.
    It's not a performance issue by the way.
  12. bikerdays

bikerdays New Member

Every time you want use google tv remote if this option is turned on mobile smartphone can't find minix x6 device(this happens when you restart minix device and google tv remote is on).
    But when you turn off and back on again google tv remote everything is ok.
    Minix developers need to fix this.
    Thanks!!
  13. onericardo

onericardo New Member

I can confirm that sometimes, on browsing, it can be a little slow.

But I also manage to run some emulators, what I find very good. Some PSX games run well!

Even GTA Vice City runs on low settings.

With the movies I didn't have any trouble, but maybe you can optimize the firmware a little bit, to improve multi tasking.
  14. MINIX - Ken

Official 007 firmware will be released next week.
  15. onericardo

onericardo New Member

Do you have a list of changes / improvements that have been made on that firmware ?

THanks.
  16. MINIX - Ken

Yes, change log will be provided as usual.
  17. Tomek

Tomek New Member

I have a situation with release 006 - device hungs during refresh rate change with rafresh rate swiching option swiched on in xbmc
  18. Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith Member

@MINIX - Ken @HardwareGuru @KAR - As you know i highlighted the performance problems from day one. These issues that are being highlighted by the users are not visible in the previous version, this is why i rolled back and everything is fine again. Since the upgrade the system is so slow is becomes unusable. Something i did find that may help you guys find the source of the slow down was i did a BACKUP using ADB before the upgrade and the data file size was 1.6GB, when i did a backup after the upgrade the backup was 2.1Gb, what was taking up the extra 0.5Gb? Also i noticed something in the IOS was 1.2Gb? I cant check now as i rolled back, but hope this helps as it was very strange how the same backup was so much larger.
  19. sonofdibnah

sonofdibnah New Member

Sorry Ken but this is my only way to tell you that the 007 firmware thread is still locked. I downloaded the FOTA hours ago so I think you've forgotten to unlock the thread.

Works well and I've even worked out how to use the smb server.
  20. dibotto

dibotto Member

Also I have made the upgrade 007 via fota .... okay ... the minix x6 seems to go better although hdmi cec turns on the TV but not off. I have a panasonic plasma 50st60.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.