1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

X6 006 firmware via MINIX FOTA (20150516)

Discussion in 'Official Firmware Releases' started by MINIX - Ken, May 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. X6User

X6User New Member

Hi Ken

Writing this here as 007 firmware thread is locked. There is some bug which resulted in auto firmware download or made the minix think it had downloaded 007 firmware.
    I simply turned on my minix this morning and left it unattended (I did not at any point choose system update), my minix made an odd beep noise and showed "system is being updated, please wait" message. I left this for about 1.5 hrs and nothing happened, message stayed on screen. I proceed to turn off and on minix but the message keeps coming back up after about 15 secs or less, at which point it locks the box, no other activity can be done.

Note - there was no unzip or any of the other kind of messages that are normally associated with firmware download, my minix was sitting on the launcher screen, and the message just appeared. Prior to this, my minix was in standby mode, and I had used it the night before fine. No external devices plugged in, e.g. USB stick. So not picking up the update from other source.

After a few tries to get to the system update screen as fast as possible before the "system is being updated" message appeared, I could see that it thought it had downloaded the update, i.e. the FOTA screen showed the download screen for the 007 update and download bar was full, and bottom message was "update now".

Eventually I had to hard reset (button + power on) and tried the update options, but it had nothing to update, so finally chose factory reset. The reset allowed me to get my minix working again and thankfully it must of removed the false update.

At this point I chose to download and update 007, as I didn't want a repeat of the above.

My question is, where is the actual FOTA update placed (assuming it actually did download), so it can be deleted via PC connection, just in case this happens to other boxes, as I don't want to reinstall everything for multiple boxes. Or stop the minix box thinking it has a update to install
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  2. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

CEC doesn't turn TV off...
    It wakes TV though...
  3. MINIX - Ken

Sorry for the troubles caused and thank you for telling us.
    We shall check the FOTA app and fix the problem as soon as we can.

Thank you.
  4. MINIX - Ken

The thread is open for replies now.
  5. MINIX - Ken

the directory is:
    /storage/sdcard0/adpusfota
  6. Ken, do you confirm this issue please and has it been fixed in FW007? Thank you.
  7. MINIX - Ken

Hi! confirmed fixed on FW007A (20150710).
  8. lertwat

lertwat New Member

(y)
    Thanks!
  9. foxtrot

foxtrot New Member

Same here, but with X8-H Plus
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.