1. Official MINIX forum -Forum was offline for maintainance during last weekend and is back online now.

X6 007A firmware via MINIX FOTA (20150710)

Discussion in 'Official Firmware Releases' started by MINIX - Ken, Jul 3, 2015.

1. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Dear all NEO X6 users,

007A firmware for NEO X6 is released on 10th July 2015 via MINIX FOTA update service.

Change log since 006 firmware:
    1.) Updated AirPin(PRO) app
    2.) Fixed HDMI-CEC wake-up issue for Panasonic TVs
    3.) Added auto sleep timer option
    4.) Added SMB server option
    5.) Fixed FilmOn Live TV slow loading channel issue
    6.) Updated MINIX launcher
    7.) Fixed Denmark TDC Play app playback issue
    8.) Fixed playback issue of some .avi files
    9.) Fixed fps drop issue of some WEB-DL files
    10.) Fixed 3D playback display issue of Vidon Kodi app
    11.) Updated Xbox 360 controller .kl and .kcm files
    12.) Added VPN status on MINIX launcher home screen
    13.) Fixed MINIX launcher icon width and color bugs
    14.) Fixed FOTA auto-update issue (will be completely manual after this update)

Regards,
    Team MINIX.
  2. MINIX - Ken

Uploading both .img and .zip packages now for those who prefer a clean flash (which is our preference too).
    Magic-Goat likes this.
  3. MINIX - Ken

4. 2evgeny

2evgeny New Member

how to flash full system imagi via flashing tool?
  5. MINIX - Ken

See if this video helps?
    patty2014 likes this.
  6. kid_N

kid_N New Member

Hi,
    New firmware old problems. I have the same on the last months.
    When i watch 1080p on XBMC i experience small image lags and sound cuts.
    The 720p video run without problems.
    Can you help me?

Regards
  7. MINIX - Ken

have you tried the same video on stock video player first? we accept a bug report when it has problem with the stock player.
  8. Ken, this is slightly off your website advertisement and marketing plans as MINIX is the only brand with a MINIX XBMC and 99% of the people who buy your products is to use XBMC as you support the application to the full as far as I know, thus no one uses the stock player. BDW, MINIX is a diamond Sponsor to XBMC foundation and I am sure you are willing to give 100% support to the application. :) Thank you.
  9. MINIX - Ken

please cooperate , if not how do we know is it a general issue or is it a XBMC specific problem? you don't get my meaning at all.

if anyone doesn't want to do that, just upload the clip to us, then we shall check it.
    thanks.

P.S. no player can be XBMC bug free, it's a ongoing project with bugs and they are fixing them from time to time.
  10. I don't have these issues as the user mentioned yet but will try some 1080p clips tonight and revert. I think from FW006 these stuttering issues with video and audio were solved. I do understand that one might test performance on the stock player as a reference but in my opinion if it works in stock and fails in XBMC for Minix 13.3.3final, it is still your responsibility to fix the issue. I am 10000% sure people choose MINIX not Tronsmart or Beelink or any other box just for the fact that MINIX supports XBMC to the full. Thank you Ken and grab a beer to relax :)
  11. MINIX - Ken

alright, support means less problems but not problem free. Kodi is not bug free, no software does in fact.
  12. MINIX - Ken

Both full image and USB zip package are uploaded to Hong Kong & Europe servers, thanks.
  13. Scugni

Scugni New Member

I'm sorry Ken,
    I've installed on my X6 xbmc 13 (gotham?).
    Kodi is version 14? And 'advisable to install Kodi?

Thanks for the support
  14. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Kodi is just the new name for XBMC.
    V13 is known as Gotham, V14 is known as Helix and V15 is known as Isengard.
    (A lot of people associate Kodi with V14 (Helix) as it was the first version released after the name change)
  15. Scugni

Scugni New Member

Thanks for the reply Higgs.
    My question is, can I install a new version of xbmc? (Helix or Isengard)
    The new versions are supported by Minix?
    Is a convenient operation?
    If yes, how?

Regards
  16. Hi, so you can install Minix XBMC 13.3.3 and also Kodi 14.2 or Isengard 15.2 Beta. The Minix Gotham can run simultaneously with the Kodi(Helix) or Isengard. I do not think you can have Kodi 14.2 and Isengard 15.2 run at the same time on the same box!!
  17. MINIX - Ken

Of course Isengard 15.0 RC1 is better than 14.2,
    there are over 200 fixes on top of 14.2.
  18. Scugni

Scugni New Member

Hello, maybe I place hurt the question. I wanted to know if I should replace Xbmc 13 with the version 14 or 15. In case positive I would like to know how to do to install the new version.
  19. kid_N

kid_N New Member

Hi Ken!

No.... i only use the stock XBMC app and i always have small problems running 1080p... small lags... small sounds cuts... do you think that i should install the kodi app from Play Store?

Thanks
  20. MINIX - Ken

Have you tried a clean re-flash with image file or zip package or performing a factory reset inside of android settings?
    It should solve your problem.