1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

X6 007A firmware via MINIX FOTA (20150710)

Discussion in 'Official Firmware Releases' started by MINIX - Ken, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

2. depina

depina New Member

done! thanks, the problem was in my pen.
  3. symbiote28

symbiote28 New Member

My x6 speedtest on lan these few days has been only about 20+mb. I'm on a 500mb Internet speed. Changed wires but same results. Currently on the latest fw. I had no issues when i bought it a month ago. Only recently.
  4. Daniboyuk

Daniboyuk New Member

Just got my minix x6 and looking to update
    Build
    Kot49H.20150306
    Kernal

Can I install update using system update
    To kot49h.20150710?

If not do u need to install all previous updates before this and if so which ones?

Much appreciated
  5. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Looks like you currently have fw005, so you can use the System Update app to update first to fw006 then to this firmware (007A)
  6. Daniboyuk

Daniboyuk New Member

Thanks for the quick reply

When I select system update
    New version is
    Kot49h.20150710

Is this the right one, can't see any other updates?
  7. Higgs

Yes that's the latest one. I didn't know you could update straight to this one from fw005 (i thought you would get an update for fw006 first)
  8. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

I thought the same! (n)
  9. oldbirchy

oldbirchy Active Member

The solution to your stuttering 1080p through XBMC is in the video acceleration.
    System
    Video
    Go down to bottom to settings level
    Press OK repeatedly until it changes to Expert
    Go up to Acceleration
    Ensure that Allow hardware acceleration (amcodec) is ticked ie blue dot.

I actually found this ages ago and posted it under a thread X6 Review.
    I only looked again when setting up another x6 and had the stutter problem.
    Believe me, it cures it!
    Once done, this is a great box!
  10. dvir66

dvir66 New Member

Hi. I try to follow the video guide.
    When i press the recover botton and turn on the minix i get a list of options( in the pic added).
    What should i do now?
    The usb burning tool is not recognize the minix. (Like its not connected).
    Please your help.

Attached Files:

11. 88estuffs

88estuffs New Member

Being using X6 since Feb, it was all along great until this FW007A update. This new version of Minix Metro launcher is very laggy, slow in switching between apps and occupying high RAM. Can see it in Running Apps in Android Setting - Apps. It wasn't shown for previous version. Never had issues with previous version, it was very smooth and fast.

Love the Minix Metro launcher but something needs to be done to improve the performance. Its degrading the overall performance on X6 and definitely a show stopper. No issue with Android Launcher. So using the Android Launcher for the time being till the Metro's performance is improved.
  12. freebird

freebird New Member

@88estuffs You're not alone my friend but I feel that the problem is not only the launcher but lies in the recent firmware updates. When I got my box in Nov14 it was lightening fast and the speed has degraded on the way.
    This last update kind of killed my box. Most of the time, when I press a remote button I'd have to wait 3 seconds to see it move from one box/screen to another and this happens on any app that i use. Kodi can be even worse.
    I did not bring this up as no one seems to be complaining and thought it must be something beyond my understanding as I'm not a technical person but I have flashed this firmware 3 times and it still remains laggy and slow as you mentioned.

When booting the box and going directly to Settings/Apps/Running I'm getting 631mb used and 183 free with Minix Metro. With the launcher it's 580mb used and 234 free so there's not much of a difference.
    There are 7 processes running on start up - settings, settings mbox, PPPOE, 2 google play svs. Metro & keyboard - nothing out of the ordinary.

I have ended up resorting to another 45euro box which is simply so much faster than this which I had bought for 115 which does not make sense - but it's the truth.

Is there any way that I can flash this to a previous firmware to get my minix back?
  13. oldbirchy

oldbirchy Active Member

Not sure that this would help but when you are in the MINIX launcher try selecting all task kiler before moving onto xbmc/kodi. It does seem to kill any tasks running in the background at start up.
  14. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

We're uploading FW008 right now.
    Please check back tomorrow. (+12hrs)
    Thanks!
  15. MINIX - Ken

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2015
  16. Alexei

Alexei Member

Please, fix href for .zip package... now href to .rar file

USB .zip package:<br /><a href="http://www.minixforum.com/downloads/download.php?file=X8H_PLUS_FW007A_20150925.rar" class="internalLink">http://www.minixforum.com/downloads/download.php?file=</a>X6_FW008_20150923.zip<br /><b>MD5 checksum: AB26D18844106DB083574E848C2AFA37</b><br />
  17. Higgs

Links fixed. Thanks for the heads-up.
    (@MINIX - Ken , both of these links were pointing to the X8-H Plus 007a fw. I've fixed both links.)
    Villa likes this.
  18. artouiros

artouiros Member

Any news about changelog? I'm not very sure if I want to install new firmware if you just changed some icons(example)
  19. MINIX - Ken

Thanks yellow dude~!