1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

X6 008 firmware via MINIX FOTA (20150923)

Discussion in 'Official Firmware Releases' started by MINIX - Ken, Sep 30, 2015.

1. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Dear all NEO X6 users,

008 firmware for NEO X6 was released on 28th September 2015 via MINIX FOTA update service.

Change log since 007A firmware:

1.) libstagefright security patches

2.) Fixed YouTube livestream unable to play issue

3.) Fixed Vidon XBMC 3D playback issue
    Latest Vidon XBMC apk: http://minix.com.hk/downfile/VidonXBMC_20150831.apk

4.) Added RK remote app compatibility support [not including gaming mode]
    RK remote app: http://minix.com.hk/firmware/RKRemoteControlGeneralCastV2.0.3.apk

5.) Improve compatibility to some applications

Last but not least, links to FW008 full image & USB.zip update package:

Full system image:
    http://www.minixforum.com/downloads/download.php?file=X6_FW008_20150923.rar
    MD5 checksum: C7D563FF19F4CE2E568A0FE2219F7D2A

USB .zip package:
    http://www.minixforum.com/downloads/download.php?file=X6_FW008_20150923.zip
    MD5 checksum: AB26D18844106DB083574E848C2AFA37

Regards,
    Team MINIX.
  2. MINIX - Ken

Please note that we are having National holidays from 1st OCT - 7th OCT,
    replies will be limited during this period, thank you for your kind attention!
    Hans-Jürg likes this.
  3. Hans-Jürg

Hans-Jürg New Member

For me the most important new function in this FW is "Fake WIFI on Ethernet". Perfect! :)
  4. Magic-Goat

Magic-Goat New Member

The Misc files list is still missing, anything i can do to get this back?

Attached Files:

5. w3n_m1ng

w3n_m1ng New Member

What function of fake wifi?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
  6. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

What is you question exactly?

Do you mean, "What is the function of fake WiFi?" or is it, "Does this firmware even have that option?"
  7. Hans-Jürg

Hans-Jürg New Member

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  8. artouiros

artouiros Member

Can you please fix turning on from stand by. WHen I don't use minix for 2-3 days when I turn it on - there is no HDMI output, I need to turn it off completely and start again to work,
  9. 88estuffs

88estuffs New Member

I resolve this by switching to another HDMI channel on tv rc, then change back to the previous HDMI channel.
  10. MINIX - Ken

Then first of all, we need a few days to try out.

Do you mean, the LED turns blue, but no video output?
  11. bikerdays

bikerdays New Member

Hi!
    I try update my minix x6 to 008 firmware and device is stuck on reboot screen.
    what should I do to fix this problem.i try clear cache of sistem update apk but nothing.plz help

Attached Files:

12. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Try clearing cache and data of system update app. Also make sure you have plenty of space in the internal sdcard.

If you still have issues then use the update.zip method.
  13. thedude

thedude New Member

Hello Ken,

I'm a blind user and noticed that the upgrade uninstalled my Talkback app so I lost the audio description of Android wicht mad it temporarily unusable for me till Talkback was installed from the Playstore. Normally Talkbac is installed by default and was also installed on the X6 after unboxing.

I know this usergroup is quite small but hopefully the minix dev-team checks this in the future FW-releases. I'm also using a X8 with FW002 and still works stable so now I'm a bit hesistant to upgrade it to FW007 and to bother my g/f if Talkback also deissapears :)

all by all nice hardware and nice software Ken!
  14. artouiros

artouiros Member

That is exactly wht I mean. Let's say I power off Minix by pressing power off button on remote (the led turns green). I don't turn TV/Minix on for 2-3 days. When I power on TV and power on Minix by presing power button on the remote - led is blue but there is no signal on the tv. I need to power off minix by long pressing button on the device and then power on again and all works.
  15. 88estuffs

88estuffs New Member

I do experience this symptom when my X6 is at sleep mode for 1-2 days. You do not need to reboot to resolve this issue. If your TV got more than 1 HDMI input, just switch to another HDMI input for it to detect input device for a while, then switch back to the original HDMI input that was connected to your Minix.
  16. MINIX - Ken

Let us check! No problem!
    By the way, can you or your g/f manually install this app from Google Play Store for the time being?
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  17. phuhuunew

phuhuunew New Member

I have wallpaper with a resolution of 1920 × 1080 installed very normal, but restarting the wallpaper Minix neo x6 zoom, do? by errors or by resolution of the picture is not appropriate, guide me setting the scene without zooming
  18. phuhuunew

phuhuunew New Member

This updated version when you are using the exit screen being home , but I did not click home
  19. Scugni

Scugni New Member

Hi, it plans to release a new firmware near future?
  20. phuhuunew

phuhuunew New Member

New firmware Minix neo x6 007A and 008 x6 extremely cost only 100mb ram empty, install a few apps using the full ram was thrown home screen, 007A and 008 updates were corrupted ram extremely low blank, no enough for applications that use