1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

X6 008 firmware via MINIX FOTA (20150923)

Discussion in 'Official Firmware Releases' started by MINIX - Ken, Sep 30, 2015.

1. phuhuunew

phuhuunew New Member

I want to watch youtube with 1080p quality, but currently only see 360p (youtube app on playstore)
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  2. artouiros

artouiros Member

Please if you can try to fix the problem mentioned here http://www.minixforum.com/threads/external-hdd-not-powering-off-while-minix-x6-is-in-standby.10101/
    Sometimes when powerin on from standby TV says "no signal" but blue light is on (need to press power off and then power on in again, sometimes needs to be done 2 -3 times) but I guess it's a hw issue, nothing really important but would be nice if it can be fixed. (tried on two different TVs and two different x6 boxes) I could not find which causes this, so I guess it's totally random.
  3. 88estuffs

88estuffs New Member

If there are great things and improvements made to X8H Plus and U1, it would also be nice to receive them in X6. :)
  4. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Your reports will be taken care of, thanks.
  5. 88estuffs

88estuffs New Member

I was thinking if its possible to include a shortcut command on rc for screenshot, similar to what we could do on our smart phone. Maybe a long press of "OK+Power" buttons?
  6. mrjenk

mrjenk New Member

please release beta firmware to fix external hdd
  7. MINIX - Ken

Standby issue, right?
  8. MINIX - Ken

We have done a flash install and the free RAM isn't that low.
    I think some apps installed on top of it eats up the RAM.
  9. mrjenk

mrjenk New Member

yes, the issue is fully described in artouiros link, I am getting the same behaviour
  10. MINIX - Ken

I've replied to that. :)
  11. mrjenk

mrjenk New Member

any projected time for a new release? can't keep waiting
  12. bolek

bolek New Member

Hi Ken,
    I have problem with very slow system (mostly web browsing, youtube), lagging and crashing applications. I tried Factory reset, but this didnt help.
    I bought X6 for my father instead of old Rikomagic IIIS (because I am very satisfied with my X8H) , but the performance of fathers X6 is worse than old Rikomagic...
    I believe, it is not normal state - can I make something as clean flash ROM, or... ?

... @phone...
  13. haovh_85

haovh_85 New Member

Me too.
  14. artouiros

artouiros Member

Found a new bug, I don't know if it's minix or kodi bug. When using Kodi from google play, sleep doesn't work at all. Either pressing the power button on remote, or long pressing and choosing "Sleep" from the popup menu.
  15. haovh_85

haovh_85 New Member

Pls realase new build. I think you can remove some google apps such as: Google+, Gmail, maps... and If anyone need, they can download from google play.
  16. artouiros

artouiros Member

I'm really sure it's some installed by you apps makes the system slow. I have one rooted minix x6 and one non rooted box. on the rooted one I disabled almost everything and have around 300mb free on system boot, on non-rooted box I have around 280mb free ram on system boot. It's not the apps for sure. My father is using non rooted box and it's all okay with speed. But any way, this would be a good thing to delete these apps, but I guess minix have some agreetment with google so they could not delete google apps.
    haovh_85 likes this.
  17. haovh_85

haovh_85 New Member

Which firmware your father used on his box?
  18. artouiros

artouiros Member

I upgraded his box to 008 via FOTA (recieved the box some days after 008 release), he is using the box for 5 month without any issue. Try to remove miracast/dlna apps (they can be removed), also I removed es file explorer. I did this jsut because he don't really need any of these, but I guess it gave some speed improvement
  19. haovh_85

haovh_85 New Member

I do not use some google apps on android box so i use titanium backup to remove them.
  20. haovh_85

haovh_85 New Member

I want to rollback firmware for neo x6. Anyone know the best firmware for it? Thanks!