1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

X6 008 firmware via MINIX FOTA (20150923)

Discussion in 'Official Firmware Releases' started by MINIX - Ken, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Vlad64

Vlad64 New Member

IMO: FW005
    haovh_85 likes this.
  2. haovh_85

haovh_85 New Member

I do not see any download link FW005.
  3. Vlad64

Vlad64 New Member

I did the following:
    1. flash FW 004 (look "24333-new-minix-x6-stock-rom-004-02-03-in-flashable-zip-format" at freaktab forum)

2. updated through FOTA up FW 005 (20150307).

p.s.
    ... but, imo FW008 very nice. you just have install "Top TV launcher" (very light launcher) and "Speed Up Swap (root)" (for rooting device use KingoRoot, see http://www.minixforum.com/threads/solved-3g-dongle-on-minix-x6.7184/)
    haovh_85 likes this.
  4. artouiros

artouiros Member

any way to modify the power on scancode? If i modify the scancode in the /etc/remote.conf it only works on power off, and I still need to use the shipped remote control to power on the box. I guess it's hardcoded somehwere in the kernel. any chances to get the kernel source?
  5. artouiros

artouiros Member

Ok, it's hardcoded in bootloader.(see my post http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player...on-scancode-hardcoded-somewhere-in-the-kernel ) Any chance to get the bootloader sources so I can recompile them?
    hromoy likes this.
  6. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

I've confirmed with our engineer, the X6's USB ports don't support suspend feature.
    Only shutting down X6 could cut off the power completely, please kindly note.
    haovh_85 likes this.
  7. haovh_85

haovh_85 New Member

Waiting for new coming...
  8. artouiros

artouiros Member

any way to combine the
    that's strange, because if I connect the HDD while minix x6 is in sleep mode, HDD turns iteself off after couple of minutes. but it doesn't hapend if I put minix in sleep while HDD is on.
  9. haovh_85

haovh_85 New Member

No new firmware release...
  10. wool

wool New Member

I think this one is the final firmware release. They might focusing on newer products now and soon this will discountinued.
  11. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

There will be one more update at least.
    HardwareGuru likes this.
  12. downwithload

downwithload New Member

This is very good news! I hope the new firmware for Minix Neo X6 is ready soon!

I'm wishing the new firmware has latest Kodi version working OK and supporting bitstreaming AC3 & DTS through HDMI...
  13. Hans-Jürg

Hans-Jürg New Member

That are very good news. I also have a X-8 Plus and an U1. But as my X-6 was my first Minix I love it a little more than the other ones :)
    Is also known when the new (and hopefully not the last) firmware will be rolled out?
  14. DyLitz

DyLitz New Member

Given there will be one more firmware release for the NexX6 (per Ken above), will that include (or support upgrading to) Android 5 (or 6)? And...is there a potential date for that release? Thanks! :)