1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

X6 Software update

Discussion in 'NEO X6' started by dundee2007, Mar 12, 2017.

1. dundee2007

dundee2007 New Member

When the next software update..?
    This is the most horrible android box that I ever buy
  2. cyran0

cyran0 New Member

We're all waiting.

In the meantime, can you be more specific?
  3. sammo

sammo New Member

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  4. dryster

dryster Active Member

Oh come on, the NEO X6 was launched in 2014 and at the time was touted as the low end model when compared to the NEO X8 and I don't know about back then but right now, my NEO X6 runs on my spare TV and will stream everything I need (in 720P) off the web, IPTV streams, YouTube and media off my networked drive. It is a very good music jukebox and internet radio, in a zone where I get no AM/FM reception. It is stable, it is fast enough and for a machine that's in it's third year, quite cool.

I can make you a list of horrible boxes if you want, I've had quite a few over the last six years....
  5. dundee2007

dundee2007 New Member

Its always crashing, the software is laggy ,it has poor ram end very poor internal storage it doest have software upgrades, in a scale 0 to 10 this box its a 2 ,bad very very bad from this brand its my first end also my last.
    Its a very limited android box for 80 euros.
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  6. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

Do you think that`s fair to give a brand a bad rap on a device that is several years old and was not the top model back when it was released ;) Were the ram and storage a surprise to you o_O surly you would of done some research before your purchase
    dryster and mark2 like this.
  7. dundee2007

dundee2007 New Member

Its not only the memory ram or internal disk space its about everything about it is a crap it has more bad things that good ones.
    I'm going to buy a new one soon from another brand I hope its a better one.
    I have spend money on this end I expected to be better I'm disappointed whit this box.
  8. mark2

mark2 Active Member

We have four Minix boxes in the family two U1's and two X8H- Plus a bit more up to date than yours
    did some "research" and found they have 2gb of ram and 16gb of storage
    plenty of power
    never had a problem with any of them
    midnight likes this.
  9. dryster

dryster Active Member

@mark2 I have an X6, works fine, 1gb + 8gb and it runs KODI well, Youtube, slower than some of my boxes, but a good solution to run KODI on a spare TV and I am careful what I install on it, so as little overhead as possible, as close to zero notifications as I can, plus only the KODI addons it needs. It works well and I have no complaints. Great internet radio as well in an area that is blocked from AM/FM. @dundee2007 is not happy and is going to buy something better, so that's the end of that story.....
  10. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

There's your issue already! I hope it's a better one.
    Whatever you buy is your choice but you need to know it is better not just hope! ;)

I can't comment on the X6 as it's one device I do not have!
    midnight likes this.
  11. cyran0

cyran0 New Member

I must agree with you. The X6 is slow overall BUT, for KODI, that box is more than enough. If it was not for the RAM related issue I mentioned in an another thread, the X6 would be pretty good.

Unless the LibreELEC maintainer gets a X6 box and technical materials (sources), a LibreELEC X6 firmware WON'T happen. In that forum, there are no discussions, I mean NOT at all, directed at the X6 box. I did ask why X6 posts are nowhere to be found over there so that's one post.
  12. dundee2007

dundee2007 New Member

I don't want a box only for Kodi spend 80 euros for a box to run kodi its to much money ,I can run kodi on a computer windows or Mac os based
    You don't see any discussions here because the box is a Crap the threats here are about box problems its all there is.
    To only see television programs series end movies I have a Dreambox 800 HD end one 500 satellite receiver bouht can work on cardsharing .there is no kodi image or settings that can beat the ulimitted channels on satellite receiver
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  13. jorge Duarte

jorge Duarte New Member

X6 box needs a software update or a Rom
    Is there someone that can compile a Rom for this box.........?
  14. drgn

drgn New Member

I bought X6 about 2 years ago and I have no problem using it. It is a good box for kodi.
    It will work better if you know how to optimize it.
  15. cyran0

cyran0 New Member

drgn said:
    Can you elaborate plz?

Cheers