1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Official Release X7 Kitkat 230 ( 23 march 2015 )

Discussion in 'NEO X7 Official Firmware Releases' started by HardwareGuru, Mar 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pat miller

pat miller Member

Patiently waiting version 240 release
  2. EagleEye

EagleEye Active Member

I dont know the only thing i know it plays bad.... i thought the bitrate it can also be the codec i realy dont know... the codec is AVCHD
  3. Hayo

Hayo New Member

Hi, I installed this rom manually. I came from 2.0, and now everything works but much slower!
  4. vn800art

vn800art Member

Perform a factory reset and I think you will be fine!
    Hayo likes this.
  5. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

6. Hayo

Hayo New Member

7. Hayo

Hayo New Member

Are you sure?
  8. vn800art

vn800art Member

Not at all as of now, after @Villa explanations and specific thread link he provided! Must say I am on 2.3 and I saw a couple of streaming films (2 sessions of +2 hours) with my X7, no hassle, no lag.
    The FW has been upgraded through the OTA system provided by the Team and MINIX , I also have been part of the first test crew. I have NEVER needed a factory reset myself, but if You, as I remember You said, have done a full flash of the 2.3 FW, than you will have an empty box with no personalisation, so a factory reset will not hurt!
    Last edited: May 31, 2015
  9. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

My reference was not towards streaming. I am talking about the general operation/functionality of the device - opening/closing apps, having to change HLS config etc.

Running apps function fine!
    With XBMC I don't even use advanced settings.

Note from my signature which firmware I am on now?
    It is presently in beta test.
  10. pat miller

pat miller Member

Last update version 240 was in testing it was said to roll out within a week today is a week i know you guys are working hard on it and i appreciate all your hard work but can we have a time frame how much longer thanks
  11. KAR

KAR Developer Super Moderator

Patience .... soon

Kar
    MaxeL and Villa like this.
  12. pat miller

pat miller Member

Ok thanks for the update but not sure exactly how long soon is
  13. adrian

adrian Member

without sounding to rude the best thing I've learnt around here is to be patient good things take time

one thing I wish people would learn is NOT to put an end date on something
    your only giving yourself unnecessary stress when people start coming back at you for over runs
    KAR likes this.
  14. pat miller

pat miller Member

Your not being rude im new i know people are working hard on this firmware unseen things happen but thanks next time ill know
  15. Hayo

Hayo New Member

Thanks again for the great work and rom. Few issues here. It's a bit laggy compared to 2.0. Mousewheel zoom not working anymore. The app "Earthcam" does not work anymore.
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  16. hayohoekstra

hayohoekstra New Member

What I meant is Mousewheel Zoom is not working.. :p
  17. bubbalovestv

bubbalovestv New Member

So on the Minix FAQ page it says that "MINIX Media Hubs for Android are compatible with external hard drives up to a maximum of 2.5TB"

Is that a physical limitation, or something that is firmware related? And is that still the case with Kitkat 230?
  18. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.