1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Official Release X7 Kitkat 240 ( june 4th 2015 )

Discussion in 'NEO X7 Official Firmware Releases' started by HardwareGuru, Jun 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

I don't advise you to do anything!

You asked...
    ...I answered by giving you a link!
  2. hocuspocus69

hocuspocus69 New Member

im looking for custom recovery rom on 4.4.2 2.40 version i've searched but not so be clear...
  3. Wer_Bn

Wer_Bn New Member

Hello guys
    I need help with the drivers. Because my computer cannot detect my Minix Neo X7 box, and I canot use the RKBatchTool.

I installed the drivers using the RK_Driver Assistant. Also tried manually, giving the computer controller the path to the folder that contains the drivers. And it's the same result: question mark.

[​IMG]

When I use the Batch Tool, to flash the firmware, it simply does not recognize the device (the square doesn't turn green, it's all just grey).
    And, another fact, few minutes later the computer makes that "sound" when you disconnect the device, and you cannot longer see the device in the device manager, like the image shows.

Please help me, I really want to upgrade to the newest!
    Thanks
  4. Jimmymacc

Jimmymacc New Member

Hi Guys,
    JUST WANT TO SAY ....HUGE THANKS DEV TEAM FOR This. My Minix was all but gone and even though it was just about able , whilst completely stripped down to just the circuit board...I managed to flash earlier FW and then as soon it turned on it said OTA upgrade available WOW So Happy.

Now have been testing all I can think of since last night and the Speed of this baby is awesome. HD with Kodi simply Fantastic.

Any How, JUST A HUGE Thank YOU for ALL You have achieved ...Walk Tall...Walk Proud Guys...YOU ARE TRUE GIFTS.....

Happy Holidays to the FORUM
  5. adit

adit New Member

For the ones using Windows 10, to get the drivers working for the full image load using Rockchip tools , create a file in notepad let's call it "fix.reg" (extension "reg" is important, the name does not matter) and copy these lines in it:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\usbflags\220700000222]
    "SkipBOSDescriptorQuery"=hex:01,00,00,00
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\usbflags\220700060222]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\usbflags\220700100222]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\usbflags\2207292C0100]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\usbflags\2207300A0100]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\usbflags\2207300B0100]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\usbflags\2207310B0100]

Save it, double click on it, and accept all warnings. Now the drivers provided in first post will work. It should work for 8.1 also (did not try it).
    DutchDiversion likes this.
  6. bachikho

bachikho Member

anyone try this with Jelly Bean?
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  7. adit

adit New Member

Works in Windows 10 x64 Tried it updated my NEO X7). Did not try it in 8.1 but should work if you have all updates. This will work for a number of Rockchip CPUs, for X7 you should need only one of the keys nut not sere which one exactly. You could also edit the registry yourself but is easier to create a file.

If you want a long explanation why it works is here: (can not post links, use Google) is on blogs msdn

Best would be if the manufacturer would fix the problem. There are two ways: Fix the cause (not feasible as there are a lot of chips out there with the enumeration problem).

Second, the manufacturer could add in the driver installation ".ini" file the keys itself and set the registry during installation (there is a very easy way to do this in the INI). The manufacturer knows which chips (VID/PID) are affected, and can solve the problem in the background. I speak of the driver ini file which is part of driver installation not any other configuration files.

As a note try to use an USB 2.0 port on PC did not try with an USB 3.0 one.(it may work with USB 3.0 also)
    DutchDiversion likes this.
  8. Lachty

Lachty New Member

When will be ready approximately OTA update on version 250?
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
    Bagira likes this.
  9. R0987

R0987 New Member

Does any one tried to get the Horizon go app to work on 240. I tried everything installing older versions, installing the ziggo tv app, removing root i also switched from lan to wifi that didnt work either it always does the same thing it crashes to launcher when selecting a channel to watch. Im pulling my hair here in frustrating trying to get this app to work anyone got any succes trying to get this to work?
  10. Villa

11. tiencdl47

tiencdl47 New Member

how to update from K4.4 230 to K4.4 240 fastest?? thankyou!
  12. Villa

Settings, About, System updates

Or download Full OTA, rename it to update.zip
    Full OTA:
    http://www.minixforum.com/downloads/download.php?file=x7-rk3188-OTA-240.zip
    ONLY For people that have online OTA errors when system was tampered with.
    Rename to "update.zip" and copy it to your internal flash.

MD5 Checksums:

x7-rk3188-OTA-240.zip - 0bcc82f180cc7303c6f6cb732a089df6
    tiencdl47 likes this.
  13. bachikho

bachikho Member

if kodi 16 final resolves sound issue in JB 4.2, i'll stay with JB, or else i'll upgrade to 250 (for me JB is still better than KK)
  14. randy4

randy4 New Member

My Minix was flashed (or rooted i'm not sure of the terminology) with Quickshot v3 how can i install this update?
  15. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

16. tiencdl47

tiencdl47 New Member

Hi, My minix updated automatic from K4.4 230 to 240, how to turn off update automatic?
  17. bachikho

bachikho Member

use titanium backup to freeze system update service :)
  18. Villa

I don't think there is an Automatic update, that shouldn't happen!
  19. tiencdl47

tiencdl47 New Member

I updated My minix to K4.4 230 on april 2015. I ám going to update to 240 but i see ít is on 240. How to stop ít to update to 250
  20. Villa

I may be wrong, but it shouldn't auto-update!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.