1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Official Release X7 Kitkat 240 ( june 4th 2015 )

Discussion in 'NEO X7 Official Firmware Releases' started by HardwareGuru, Jun 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tiencdl47

tiencdl47 New Member

I'm trying to turn off auto-update but i don't know how to do it?
  2. bachikho

bachikho Member

tiencdl47 likes this.
  3. tiencdl47

tiencdl47 New Member

titanium backup need root my minix?
  4. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

...and like I keep saying the X7 should not/ does not auto-update the firmware!
  5. bachikho

bachikho Member

yes, it can only auto check the update (not auto update)
  6. ukoehler

ukoehler New Member

is there any workarround for the google movie licence error ??
  7. Matrisen

Matrisen New Member

Can someone point me to the step my step instruction on how to perform this update, firmware and updates? I can't find it in the package and I don't want to go through all 37 pages of comments in this thread. =) Thanks!
  8. m6242

m6242 Active Member

9. Matrisen

Matrisen New Member

10. Matrisen

Matrisen New Member

I have connected the device in Flash mode but Windows says it already has the best Driver. The Device manager give a flag with an error: device descriptor request failed minix driver
    When I try to update the driver Windows says it already has the best driver and I' not sure I can do anything. I did run the driver uninstall utility and then reinstalled using the same utility.
    I tried on two PC where I have not done similar things before, one win 8.1 and one win 10. Same thing with booth. Why can't Minix make things a bit more user friendly? I should be possible to update both firmware and software in much easier ways. Please help!
  11. m6242

m6242 Active Member

12. Matrisen

Matrisen New Member

Pascal147 likes this.
  13. m6242

m6242 Active Member

No which device and which fw do you have (now) ? If you installed the latest with flashtool all fw updates further will come ota.
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  14. rundown

rundown New Member

I've spent months waiting for Win10 support and ended up figuring it out today. I searched and downloaded the rockchip batch tool from a separate source. That seemed to be the key. For what it's worth, I also did the reg fix and the config file editing found in this thread. To be honest, I'm not sure if all of it is necessary, but it worked for me.
    1. Get the package here.
    2. Download a separate source of the rock chip batch tool.
    3. Install the drivers from this package.
    4. (?)Run the fix.reg file as created from the instructions in this forum.
    5. (?)Edit the config file in the rock chip batch tool (from another source)
    6. Connect X7 and put into flash.
    7. Run the batch tool (from another source)
    8. If it connects with a green box, load the image from this package and click restore.
    9. Success.

Before I did this, I tried replacing the usb system files but that killed my pc. Thank goodness for the restore functionality.
  15. Matrisen

Matrisen New Member

After 240 things seems to work much better i general, but I can't detect any Bluetooth devices. Stuff that connected without problems with the earlier version. Anyone have any idea what issue might be at play here? Any help is appreciated.
  16. lukex

lukex New Member

Hello everyone! :cool:

Sorry but maybe I missed a part of what I have to install to update my Minix Neo X7.

This is my situation:
    Model number: NEO-X7-216A
    Android Version: 4.2.2
    Kernel version: 3.0.36+
    Build version: rk31sdk-eng 4.2.2 JDQ39 eng.root.20131227.154530 test-keys
    Vendor software version: 2013-12-27.4.2.008

I downloaded the following updates:
    NEO_X7_20140430_010_OTA.zip
    NEO-X7-010_1080.zip
    x7-rk3188-OTA-240.zip
    x7-rk3188-240.rar

What and in what order I should install them?

Does it lack something to install for proper work of the Neo X7?

Thank you in advance!
    axuy09 likes this.
  17. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

rundown likes this.
  18. EdT586

EdT586 Member

Is 240 stable and worthwhile enough to update from 010 or should I wait till 250 ?
    Don't want to update to 240 for my customer base if this is going to be troublesome.
  19. DutchDiversion

DutchDiversion Active Member

If you have a customer base, you should have a test unit to try a new FW. 240 works better for me than FW 010 did.
  20. mirekti

mirekti New Member

I was not able to find any info related to Samba server. Is it sported with 2.4.0 and if so is there any link which describes the setup?
    Thanks!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.