1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Official Release X7 Kitkat 250 ( february 8th 2016 )

Discussion in 'NEO X7 Official Firmware Releases' started by gufone, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

I see you edited the other post! (y)
    I have moved it to this thread.
  2. Dragonflyer

Dragonflyer New Member

Thank you! It belongs here. I would like to know why the 250 upgrade all of a sudden makes the X7 think that my 1280 x 720 (actually 1280 x 480) monitor is a 1920 x 1080. The monitor looks like it is in its native resolution.
  3. krisvani

krisvani New Member

Is it possible to upgrade to this firmware using a PC running on Windows VISTA?
    I downloaded and extracted the files to take a look first, but didn't seem to find any driver for Windows Vista (only for XP, Win7 and Win8)
  4. EagleEye

EagleEye Member

is there someone that can help me run NFS share for the usb drives i have connected? i tried Server Ultimate but maybe i do something wrong because when i start the server 2 seconds later it stops again
  5. skykit

skykit New Member

I am currently using JB 010 version, how do I upgrade to KK 250? Need to change the bootloader?
  6. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

7. skykit

skykit New Member

8. Fedur

Fedur New Member

All will update automatically. Just do it like in tutorial.

Wysłane z mojego LG-D620 przy użyciu Tapatalka
  9. bumba410

bumba410 New Member

I upgraded v.250 but Sometimes My X7 auto shutdown or Auto reset. How can i fix this? Thanks for reply
  10. Villa

You said this back in February...
    So you flashed FW240 full system image and how was it then?
    And now you have updated again to FW250 and it still has the same issue?
    If you updated via OTA then I suggest you try flashing a FW250 full system image!
    bumba410 likes this.
  11. bumba410

bumba410 New Member

I cleared cache and dalvik cache. It seems work great now. If this problem happen again. I will do it your way. Thanks so much!
  12. ZeevE

ZeevE New Member

Hi all,

I'm a new here.
    Yesterday I have just flashed my minix neo x7 to the last official KK v250 firmware.
    It was before with the official version 010 and I suffered a lot from Blanking Flash Memory problems of which it was earasing in high frequencies so I had to format it every time and reinstalling everything on it from the beginning.
    Therefore I made up my mind to give it a last more chance and trying to upgrade it to KK v250.
    The upgrading was done without any problems and the new KK v250 looks beautifully and I hope it will solve this core problem of Blanking Flash Memory that I have suffered a lot from.
    However, I have paid attention that after upgrading the X7 device to the new official KK v250 now the blue STANDBY LED doesn't flashing anymore in SLEEP MODE while it used to flashing in SLEEP MODE before in previous firmware versions 008 and 010 and now it just permanently lit blue without flashing when in SLEEP mode.
    Is it solvable so I can get this blue led flashing again in SLEEP MODE by using the official KK v250?
    Also this is the time to thank everyone of the great team involved in developing this wonderful KK v250.

Many thanks for any assistance in my problem of my X7 non-flashing blue led in SLEEP MODE.
  13. Villa

I don't ever recall the LED flashing!
  14. ZeevE

ZeevE New Member

Thank you Villa for your replying.
    I could remember I already have met a post reporting of this non-flashing standby led after upgrading to KK versions.
    However, can someone here who has the MINIX NEO X7 installed with the official KK v250 firmware check and advise while the device is in SLEEP mode what is the device blue led status?
    Is the led lit blue permanently in SLEEP mode or may it is flashing and blinking in blue color while after the NEO X7 upgraded to KK v250 and is in normal usage?
    Villa - Can you please check the led status on your device if you have the MINIX NEO X7 and let me know the results of this blue led while in SLEEP mode?
    Many thanks for any kind of help and assistance about.
  15. Villa

LED remains lit while in Sleep.
  16. ZeevE

ZeevE New Member

Do you mean it remains lit blue without flashing in SLEEP mode?
    Can you please confirm it remains lit blue permanently with no flashing in SLEEP mode (It was flashing blue in the previous old firmware versions 008 and 010)?
    Many thanks in advance to your replies Villa, I really apprciate it a lot.
  17. Villa

If it was flashing/blinking then I would have said!
    Also, what did I say in post #353?
    HardwareGuru likes this.
  18. ZeevE

ZeevE New Member

Thank you Villa.
    Just too curious to know - Do you have any explanation for why this standby led become from blinking state on old firmware versions to permanently lit on KK firmware version when the X7 device is in SLEEP mode?
    It was more easier to understand by looking at this status led if the device is in sleep mode (When the led was blinking) or it may has powered on (When the led was litting on permanently).
    Now you can never know just by looking at the device while the tv is off whether the X7 device is in sleep mode or it may powered on.
    I had many times when the device has powered on itself automatically on the old 008 and 010 firmware so that I could understand it only by looking at this led and so that I could powering it off again in case it was on but now you can never know if the device is on or in sleep mode (In both cases the led lits permanently) only if the tv is on.
    Maybe Minix have the answers to this issue or may they have the solution to cause the led to blink in sleep mode again?
    Anyway, so far the official KK v250 is very good and I enjoy it a lot just hope it won't demage the NAND Flash memory as I used to suffer from this problem in the installed official old firmware versions 008 and 010.
    Good night!
  19. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

You wont have nand issues on kitkat.. the led is this way as we did not add the blinking to it.. our efforts been put at more important things then a blinking led ;)
    ZeevE and Villa like this.
  20. Villa

So it did used to blink? Such a long time ago I don't remember! A blinking LED would be a blinkin' nuisance if you ask me. ;)
    ZeevE likes this.