1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Custom ROM X7 Kitkat v2.0.0 Community Edition

Discussion in 'NEO X7 Custom ROMs, Kernels & Discussion' started by HardwareGuru, Nov 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hayo

Hayo New Member

Hi, I wonder, where is the VPN fix for.
  2. KAR

KAR Developer Super Moderator

First page and see my signature

Kar
  3. tesla

tesla Member

It's still not working for me, downloaded from this thread, several times.

Are there any solution to this? I've tried everything i know of.
  4. bdpf

bdpf New Member

Hi,

First, thanks for the great effort on this FW, much appreciated (y)

I installed this FW yesterday and am experiencing the same problem as Adrian (post #117) and Gostlo (post #134)

Was this ever solved or fixed? I can't seem to find the answer on this thread.

Many thanks.
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  5. Hayo

Hayo New Member

Installed today, best rom yet, only issue;I can't get Root access. I tried it like explained on page 1,several times but after reboot it stops at the "red sign"
    Mousewheel zoom was not enabled in settings.. oeps
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  6. Jo Sen

Jo Sen New Member

@HardwareGuru
    Is it possible to add "mount/unmont or safely remove usb/hdd drive" options in Settings\storage in your next release? or is there any other way to do so?
    Andrea Borgia likes this.
  7. Showgun

Showgun New Member

Can the common user resize those partition if so how?
    The nandflash partition gets all the the poster images etc for XBMC movies and TV shows art. A partiton with a couple of GB bigger would be appreciated, when this partition gets close to being full it creates problem I have experience shows/movies terminating before the end etc...

While the app data partition runs almost empty....
    Or is there a way to get XBMC to save all those arts in the app data partition?

Thanks
  8. graswant

graswant New Member

any idea when will we able to install it like standard way of renaming to update.zip and putting it in root dir?
  9. kaan

kaan New Member

UPDATE:
    Just about a week ago amazon updated its amazon DE app (German version) via google Play. Once i installed the update, i went on and reinstalled the prime instant video app via amazon apps and tada... It actually works! But, and here comes the bad news, the quality is nowhere near the amazon Fire TV, the built in amazon instant video app of an LG smart TV or the browser (on a Windows PC). The videos play in low quality, even though its HD material, and the UI is a pain in the butt (purely a matter of personal taste). I really don't know why it didn't work with the ROM's i tried before (Finless, Quickshot, HardwareGuru 5.0, wasser, ...). Since it seems to work "fine" after the amazon DE update, it might have been an amazon related issue. The bottom line is that it finally runs on an x7 but there are a lot of other problems with this device AND the next generations (X8) while minix is announcing/releasing one product after another (z64, ...) without really fixing the previous ones. On the other hand, progress is slow and there are still some problems, but at least it seems that we are movin' in the right direction...

So thank you Hardware Guru, kar, Gufone and all the other devs who are working hard so that we can one day get our money's worth... keep up the great work guys!
  10. gufone

gufone Big Owl - Developer Super Moderator

The calendar, chrome and contact sync problems are identified and already ok in dev build. Will be ok in the next ota.
    Andrea Borgia and MOption like this.
  11. kokoui

kokoui New Member

any ETA of next update for this excellent ROM ?
  12. gufone

gufone Big Owl - Developer Super Moderator

No, it will not be possible to easily resize the partitions. Some people needing big data partition and small SD and other exactly the opposite, so we have chosen 8GB...
  13. himmon

himmon New Member Beta Tester

Hello Gufone, thank you for the updates. Do you know whether the HLS issues have been identified / resolved with streaming on Hulu Plus as it doesn't work, just get a black screen, sound is okay though? Thanks
  14. vn800art

vn800art Member

Also interested, ... but for Skyonline ( no problems on actual build ) and Infinity TV ( same bug as others, no screen and immediate deep sleep as I understand it ). Regards
    Alessandro

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk
  15. rondo4

rondo4 New Member

Hi,
    my NET TV PLUS (exyu) didn't work under 4.2.2 . After patching HLS it worked, but only when using MPEG 2.
    M3U8 doesn't work at all.
    With the KitKat Installation NET TV PLUS won't work too.
    HLS patch(update.zip) doesn't work under the 4.4.2 version.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
    greetings rondo
  16. moro70

moro70 New Member

When I see with xbmc the videos , the grey scenes are too dark, ( many time i do not see anything)
    I tried to change the settings but I did not resolve.
    I have the tv Plasma Panasonic

This problem I always had it with all Firmwares

Do you have the same problems? if yes how did you resolve ?

Thanks

Alex
  17. KAR

Have a Panasonic 42" plasma myself and no issue at All.

There is a tool available in the playstore (can't remember the name) to change the contrast.

KAR
  18. moro70

moro70 New Member

If you remember it please advise me
  19. KAR

vn800art likes this.
  20. moro70

moro70 New Member

Thanks a lot
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.