1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Custom ROM X7 Kitkat v2.1.0 Community Edition

Discussion in 'NEO X7 Custom ROMs, Kernels & Discussion' started by HardwareGuru, Dec 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

If all goes as planned also the betas kar send are aot capable for next ota update
  2. himmon

himmon New Member Beta Tester

Great, cheers
  3. Banditen-Sweden

Banditen-Sweden Active Member Beta Tester

It
    "aot" ? sorry if i ask stupid questions aha should it say,, ota?
  4. himmon

himmon New Member Beta Tester

Anyone Out There, at a guess :)
  5. Banditen-Sweden

6. HardwareGuru

Typing from the phone here guys.. ;)
  7. Banditen-Sweden

OTA some Holland finest green.
    HardwareGuru likes this.
  8. mirekti

mirekti New Member

I am not sure if this is a feature or a bug, but I've just realized if I play the music and turn off the TV the music stops as well. This wasn't the case in the official software. This way I was able to turn the TV off and use a remote app on my iPhone to adjust the volume and change music while the TV was off.

I use an HDMI to connect Minix to the TV, and usb to connect sound from Minix to Audioengine speakers.

Can this be fixed?
  9. vn800art

vn800art Member

Put only the screen on the TV to off, TV set should be working all the way!

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk
  10. mirekti

mirekti New Member

Hm... Are you referring to some settings in Minix?
    I simply turn off the TV, not the Minix, but as if the Minix recognizes the HDMI is out so it sets the sound off.

Minix is connected to the Audioengine A2+ speakers via USB.
    TV is connected to Minix via HDMI.
    TV is also connected to Audioengine on analog ports.

What is strange is when I switch from HDMI (Minix) to TV (cable) on the TV I only get the TV sound even though the Minix is running and this is fine (I don't get the mixed sound).
    I must admit I am a bit confused.
  11. vn800art

vn800art Member

Hm... Are you referring to some settings in Minix?<br />I simply turn off the TV, not the Minix, but as if the Minix recognizes the HDMI is out so it sets the sound off.

No, look for some control on your tv set saying "set lcd off", or smtg like that, which means BLANK the screen but continue to work! Btw have you set ( in the MINIX this time ) screen control to NEVER SLEEP?

12. mirekti

mirekti New Member

Will check it. However, I remember it worked with the TV off. Not sure why would turned off TV disable USB output on the Minix. ???
  13. HardwareGuru

Usb to speakers?....
    Can you make a clear explonation of your setup please?
  14. bendls

bendls Member

Hi HArdwareGuru,

Just wanted to give you an update, Sky Go is now working (couldn't after upgrade to CE last month, as exceeded changes for the month).

However, it suffers the same audio sync issue as netflix. Live stream is about a second out, catch up, I.e. Downloaded content, is a few milliseconds out.

Still targeting 2.3.0 for an update on this or will there be a patch?

Ta

Ben
  15. vn800art

vn800art Member

He is using an external DAC audio amplifier . Connected tv set via Hdmi also, as obvious.

16. HardwareGuru

next OTA should solve "most" audio sync issues.
    probably we will release it tomorow. ( see next post)
    Higgs and DutchDiversion like this.
  17. HardwareGuru

We encountered a DDOS attack on our OTA server, same as what happened to minix there servers lately.

We are now working on a sollution, might be next update will have an OTA zipfile to update.
    It just depends on how far we come today making a new DDOS protected OTA server ready.
    I realy wonder why people should DDOS a OTA server :S.. but we will figure this out on the new server we are working on right now.

So to the guys doing this; BUY a shitload of new bot installs to get us down later. I hope it will cost you a fortune! good luck!
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
    ENDRJUPL and Higgs like this.
  18. DutchDiversion

DutchDiversion Active Member

DDOS is quickly becoming the biggest sickness off the internet. Any moron with an internet connection can easily start a DDOS and think themself a l33t hacker. Saw a news post that you could buy a DDOS for a couple off euros to down a site/server for 24 hours.

There is not much you can do against it, sadly.
    The upside to DDOS, it will pass, and mostly does not cause much damage except the downtime.

Keep up the good work guys, the update will come when it comes!
  19. HardwareGuru

We can .. i am not born yesterday :D this world i know verry well.
    We are moving the server but we have to implement a new type of OTA wich takes time.
    What they do now is making the service go down, but making a line overloaded is another story and you need way more bots.
    DutchDiversion likes this.
  20. DigitalSoul

DigitalSoul Member

Give us the update pls.. I just get a feeling that it is going to get delayed further.. Weekend is almost passed waiting for test crew membership approval :(

Sent using Tapatalk Pro
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.